Wednesday 29 January 2020

Auction day!

I've been playing some with the online auction. I call it auction therapy. The latest was the estate of Doreen Millier, et al. It's really interesting seeing what people keep over the years.

We've been trying to declutter, but then things break. Our old lamp.

It's quite the computer program. All automatic.



This looks really familiar to me! JB thinks so, too.
This went for something like $100!
I was tempted...

These are similar to the chair Bob V sits on outside.
I've painted mine blue, however! (It was green.)


It was my mother's.

These are some of the other auction items...


I won the picture stand, the two lamps, the bells, footed dish, bowl and plate, and bird houses. (I am collecting bird houses!)

This nifty footed basket made it home in one piece!
It sits atop the end table I similarly bought at the auction.

I put the two lamps in the spare room.



I'm going to have some fun with these in the garden.


I love this wall art, on the right.
Somehow, I have reinjured my finger.

12 comments:

David M. Gascoigne, said...

A friend of mine recently sent me a link to an online auction because she saw some old bird books she thought might interest me. They did!
But the price went through the roof. Basically three bidders were driving up the price. We all wanted the books so it came down to who wanted them most and who had the deepest pockets I suppose. I went out at $200 but the other two kept right on bidding against each other. You have to remember too that there is a 25% buyer's premium on top of your successful bid, plus 13% HST. Interesting experience though.

Jenn Jilks said...

There is a buyer's premium, but it is only 10%!

You do have to set a limit. But that's true of any spending. We found it a wonderful distraction. I regaled my client with my stories, I showed her the photos of the things I was bidding on. It was a fun project, plus a nice drive in the country.

Hootin Anni said...

Would love the old antique phone. Just 'cause. But the ceramic Christmas tree for $100? I don't think so.

Tom said...

...I like the pair of stools a lot!

Nancy J said...

The basket with legs, so beautiful. I, too, have been at "online auctions" and I, too, set a limit. When I won my computer and sewing desk, the petrol to go and get it was about half the amount I bid!!! Almost cheaper to buy a new one locally, but we had a family visit that made it all worth the travel.

Karen said...

I have one of those ceramic trees collecting dust in the basement. Maybe next fall I'll put it up for auction! Cdn. Tire had them for, I think, $69, but they were itsy bitsy things.

Powell River Books said...

My great aunt had a ceramic Christmas tree like the one in your post. Brings back a lot of family memories. - Margy

Red said...

You found some interesting stuff.

Anvilcloud said...

Chacun son gout

Christine said...

that online auction sounds additive, and interesting! your poor finger though!

carol l mckenna said...

Love the items you bought and all seem to have a purpose ~ Me ~ I am trying clean out my house and not buy anything unless I need it ~ Tired of 'things.'

Happy Moments to You,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

William Kendall said...

My family had an antique phone like that.