Friday 29 March 2019

Spring creeps up the continent!

Yes, it surely does. My paperwhites are slowly growing. I had to have some flowers indoors.


The boats still wear coats. The Rideau is quite frozen in the middle ground.


You can see the melt in the yard, under the warmth of the trees.


On a walk, it looks like this tree is going to go over. It's a nanny tree, a tree growing out of the trunk of another. The first photo is Feb., 2016. The wood of the old stump is slowly falling off. The 2nd photo was yesterday. I think the birch will fall sometime.


On the trailcam, the fisher.
 

As I wrote, spring creeps in...
I could hear it and knew it was something I had not heard in awhile. Listen!


It flew from the cedar to another cedar. I thought I saw a familiar bird, creep UP the tree and believed it was the creeper. I went to All About Birds, and searched for their sounds. Sure enough!
This is an archive photo. Nuthatches creep down, head first. These begin at the bottom and work their way up!
March 6th, 2016
April 3, 2014
Four years ago, bird watching with Buster.
Brown creeper from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

5 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

The accumulated pile from clearing the driveway is diminishing although it is still quite high.

Nancy J said...

boats with covers, that is a great sight and something we do not see down here. Spring, the sound of a wee bird heralding in warmer days, lovely.

Yamini MacLean said...

hari OM
Our clocks spring forward this weekend - but we have just had a severe cold weather warning!!! Hey ho. YAM xx

William Kendall said...

I haven't seen the Rideau River in town, but I know they blast the ice, so I assume it's broken up. The Canal ice is weakening.

Red said...

Creepers are very hard to see so many people never see them. My birders were excited last year when we saw two of them.