Saturday 2 March 2019

We had an adventure! Part 1

I am finally feeling a bit more like myself. I'm still having the odd pangs when I see a Daisy May photo in my archives. It really shook me for many complicated emotional reasons, betrayal, why she couldn't get along with her siblings. Knowing someone (JB's cousin) who knows her new mom helped. Everytime I pick up my laptop, I see where I had to repair the cord she liked to remove!  [A funny story about Sugru] It's a magnet, and she knew how to take it off.  The pain and grief lessen.

I just wanted to cocoon for a long time. I suggested an adventure on Friday, March 1st. A sunny day, it was lovely. I've been visiting my client twice weekly, and racking my brain to entertain her, and get her lifted up with funny self-deprecating stories. It's a tough slog some days. I've been resorting to reading the sales flyers, and talking about items on sale. We can't discuss news, for three hours, as I'm looking for uplifting topics. She knew I was troubled with Daisy May. She's been happier that I'm better. It's easy, when you're stuck in the house, to horriblize. My mom worried like this, anticipating the worst outcomes.

I bought my client this window feeder, but she doesn't have many birds now. Anyone have suggestions? This is where she sits and looks out the window. I hope that her bird situation changes in spring. Perhaps we just have to be patient. I spotted a blue jay there, once. This was prior to the snowfall.



I suggested we go to Westport for lunch. Off we went.



Cold work, outdoors!

Now, those are chains on the tires! I had JB turn around in order to grab a drive-by photo.


First stop: we headed for Narrows Lock, to check for birds.

Soon, the summer markets will open.


We've never popped in here, it's a perfect studio for an artist. Our walls are full. What can I do?!


There are many open fields, but in many places you can see the critters tracks, if you looks closely.

Yes, I have to get my camera cleaned. <sigh>


Lots of Ontario farms and barns.


Interesting decor! This photo was through the left side back passenger window. Not bad for a drive-by shooting.

Next stop: the swans at the locks!

10 comments:

DUTA said...

The picture with the market stalls in 'hibernation' is a very good one!

Out To Pasture said...

I'm sure your client's spirits are uplifted just by your visit alone, Jennifer. Suggestions? Well, conversational trips down Memory Lane, singing golden oldies, or working together on word puzzles. Glad you are feeling better about Daisy's situation. You and JB did your absolute best for her and for Annabelle and for Hooper.

Jenn Jilks said...

Believe me, we've driven down memory lane, OTP. It's the same stories three times each visit!!!! I am good at changing the topic. I've played my recorder for her, too!

Tanza Erlambang said...

quiet street....like it.

Nancy J said...

Still heaps of snow, and those chains, the first time I have seen a machine that large needing them. Daisy, you will have memories of her for ages, maybe always, but be so sure that you both gave her the best time you could, and that she is happy in her new home. Roll on spring, I'm sure you are saying, as we are having cool mornings.

Red said...

It helps to get out and go for a tour.

Sue (this n that) said...

Sorry for you about Daisy Jenn.
About your client, what if you suggest painting - my Mum likes colouring in.

Anvilcloud said...

Sometimes one just has to get out, and it was a nice day for a drive.

carol l mckenna said...

Glad you were able to get out and trust your kitty has a good home and that she will settle in and you will heal from having to let her go ~ ^_^

Happy Day to you,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

William Kendall said...

Some beautiful shots!