Tuesday 12 March 2019

Dinner out!

They are loving the warmer temperatures.

CC's on The Rideau

We went out early, when they open at 5 p.m., right after my volunteer gig. Sometimes it is stressful, and I don't have any patience left to cook a nice meal. Tonight, we have casserole leftovers. This is wonderful.


Here is the patio. One of my favourite places to eat. It's a tad chilly.


Our grandies are away visiting other grandparents in FLORIDA! No GRAMMA CAMP this week. I sad. Also, we got a card from the vet letting us know Daisy May and Hooper need their shots. I had to  phone Daisy's new mom and let her know. Good thing, as she'd lost the paper we gave her with her information from the vet. I got a bit teary, and took some meds.


The trees are bare, but soon there will be leaves.


A little bit of March greens...


Fish and chips!


As we were leaving, this woman commented on my glasses. She took a photo of the manufacturer's name on the glasses. What a hoot.


Then, it's back to the house, where the driveway has been slowly releasing its layers of ice from Snowy Sunday. I had to dig out the end of the driveway after our 5 cm of snow. Heavy, wet snow, as cars scream by, spraying moisture on me as I work. Argh!
This deer has a dislocated back, left leg. I think it is our Maggie, we've seen her since 2015.
This is her archive:
JB talks to her all the time. She's not afraid of him. – May 7, 2016 
Hunting season rolls around again... – Nov. 2016
Maggie, the dear deer
Maggie, the dear deer – Dec. 2016
Maggie: Broken-legged deer video – April, 2017
JB talks to her. – Nov. 28, 2018


The flowers are blooming indoors. The rabbit is looking after her paperwhites. They've grown to 11 cm since I've repotted them.

Brighter days will soon be here.

7 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

Ketchup on chips?
I must reevaluate our relationship. :)
I'm a vinegar sort of guy. But white, not malt.
My SiL has mayo on his the other day.
What is this world coming to?

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
The begonia is bonny! That's still a LOT of snow... YAM xx

Nancy J said...

Indoor flowers seem to me the way to go up North.Too skiddy on that driveway, do you have to change the tyres to winter ones like friends do in N .S.? It is so good when others comment on your hair, glasses or shoes.I tend to notice winter boots on blog posts, and marvel at the wonderful choices you have for those winter necessities. Further south, more shoe or sports stores stock a lot more with different brands to choose from.

Sami said...

Thanks for visiting my blog Jenn.
Love the photos of the deer and of course your lovely cats sunning themselves :)

Karen said...

My cats are taking turns sitting on the sunny landing windowsill. There are bird feeders and squirrels out there which they love watching. Baya loves the sunbeam coming in the back patio door.

William Kendall said...

The cats love sun puddles!

Red said...

What's that song? Happy days are here again or is it too old for you?