Saturday 25 August 2018

Our Anniversary!

Aug. 22

It started as a dreary day. The critters have been having fun at the feeders. The sparrows were first, followed by the nuthatches, and now the goldfinches. The sparrows were trying out the hummingbird feeder. Then, red squirrel got in the small bird feeder.


I began the day with a pedicure. Very relaxing. I complained about the woman yelling on the phone during my last visit. They promised signage. I asked about protocols for staff. 'Tis done!


Then, off to Westport.


Westport, a cool lunch! It was about 19 C., with a wind. Hubby puts up with me, and had brought a jacket! It's still summer when you can eat outdoors.


They were doing this at a local restaurant, and had to stop due to health and safety bylaws. Four dogs, and a woman with her foot up on the chair!
It's a good thing no one is afraid of dogs.


Did you hear about this? Not everyone likes dogs!
On the way home...


It was difficult to turn right! Eventually, he spotted us, and moved up.


I was afraid to ask the price, but it is beautiful. It's a doctor's buggy, having spent 55 years in a barn. OK, I asked the price: $1800. That's a bit much for a lawn ornament. sigh.



Around the world

July 21 => Aug. 25
As my faithful readers know, our kids have been traveling around the world on points. 
Five weeks, and they are back on North American soil. They have a day in L.A. I watched the tracker as it moved across the ocean. They missed the typhoons in Korea and Japan, happily. 
Next flight (tonight) is LAX => YVR (Toronto, Ontario), then Ottawa (YOW) and home! 

The girls konked out in business class! 


I wondered where they were headed....
 Once landed, they had to wait for four planes to take off before their plane could cross the tarmac to the gate.

11 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello, Love the feeders birds and the cute dogs. Looks like you had a nice view while eating lunch! Putin did that on purpose, what a meanie. I wish I had points to travel the world. What fun! Thanks so much for linking up your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend! PS, thanks for your visit and comments on my blog.

Anvilcloud said...

Oh, those crazy squirrels.

And that lunch. Not fair to post I tells ya.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
I hope someone spots the buggy and seeks to restore and preserve! It turned cold and damp here the last couple of weeks. Today is bright - but very cool. Sigh... here's hoping September remembers a bit more warmth! YAM xx

William Kendall said...

Always count on the resourcefulness of squirrels!

Nancy J said...

Just think a moment Jenn, a horse or two and save SO much on vehicle maintenance and fuel.And then you would have 2 mobile lawn eaters as well. How beautiful that would have been to a sick person down a long dusty metal road to hear the clank and then the horses whinny as he arrived. Maybe there is a genuine Doctor's bag as well. Fancy the squirrel getting in the feeder.

Christine said...

so glad your loved ones will be home soon! Good for you speaking out at the manicure salon, I don't know if I could be so forthright, but you have inspired me.

DeniseinVA said...

That must have been quite the adventure. Squirrel inside the feeder, hilarious! The last time I had a pedicure the owner and her daughter were arguing. She was a young teen and she was objecting to being made to work on people feet, especially the old bat (me). Not a good experience, never went again :) Always nice to eat outside and I love the first freshness in the air, great sleeping weather, windows open. Yes I heard about the episode with Angela and the innocent dog. Said more about him than his victim of such an odious stunt don’t you think? That episode happened several years’ ago. Would love that garden ornament. Unfortunately my check book would not :) Thanks for another lovely post Jenn, enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Red said...

Interesting post but your title has nothing to do with the post?

DUTA said...

Glad your family's home. It'll make you feel much better.

The picture of Putin, Merkel and the dog is a good one. As a graduate of spy training academy, Putin is accomplished in anything: languages, dancing, singing, sports.It's hard to remain indifferent to his acquired talents.

Jenn Jilks said...

It's what we did on our anniversary, Keith!!!

A Colorful World said...

What a wonderful day! Lovely photos. Funny shot of the "caged squirrel" and also Putin and Merkel.