Sunday 26 August 2018

Frogs, pumpkins and cats!

The goldfish pond frequent flyer is back. The frogs had a meeting to talk about it!



Garter snake from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.


My dwarf pumpkins are growing nicely!


This is our last monarch caterpillar, methinks. They have been so numerous they have stripped the milkweed!


My hibiscus are abloomin'!


Around the World

I'm happy to report that our children have flown from LAX (LA) to YVR (Toronto).

They went to Venice Beach yesterday. They landed in YVR this morning, about 6:30, and are in the air, traveling to YOW, Ottawa. Nearly home! There was a lot of time spent in airports, waiting!

11 comments:

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
I have 'hi-biskits' envy now... and really, they're home? Seems like a blink of an eye to me, but I know for you it felt like a millenium! YAM xx

JFM said...

Such beautiful photos...you have a lovely blog.
I am not a big fan of snakes but I am fascinated by them and they do help keeo the rodent population under control.
Have a Lovely Sunday~

Nancy J said...

Sturdy footwear, comfy clothes, the iPad or music, the best padded backpacks, and the ability to rest when you can, what a trip they have had. The garter snake, hope he goes back to another home very soon!!!

RedPat said...

I saw 6 Monarchs on one butterfly bush today!

DeniseinVA said...

Super photos! That was quite a journey for your family. Your garter snake is fascinating. I don’t have an aversion to snakes, though wouldn’t want to get too close. Fun to take photos of, frogs too and your ever so sweet kitty was fascinated, cute to see.

Christine said...

The kids did well!

Red said...

I see the kids had lots of things to keep them occupied while waiting and waiting and waiting...

DUTA said...

The cat and the snake - nice picture and video!

Jenn Jilks said...

That's why I like our food bank, Yam! They do cooking classes, for kids and adults, as well.

William Kendall said...

Of course the frogs won't like the snake being around!

Angie said...

Jenn - how did I miss this post? Yikes, that is a brave kitty (is this why we have the saying "curiousity killed the cat?") So glad the family is safe!