Tuesday 28 August 2018

Carleton Place, Almonte, Clayton

We had missions: library, CP for supplements for JB, lunch in Almonte!


It seems an odd place to stop, unless they had an incident, but there didn't seem to be damage!


We made it to Almonte.


They are still working on the Enerdu hydro project. Hooray for reusable energy. I've been photographing it over the years.


There must have been a day camp or something, lots of kids lined up for ice cream!


They are working on the bridge, the taller building (back left) are condos. A fountain has been added.


We went to the Barley Mow for lunch. After the dogs last week, I was glad to see this sign! It's a lovely old building, with thick stone walls.


For the first time ever, we sat on the upper deck.


This is the pub from the bridge, on another day. We were right on the end watching the water.

Off, on a whim, where to?


Hay!


This driveway is amazing. The huge hanging baskets of petunias must take a lot of water.


Clayton!

We popped in to see what was happening in Clayton. They have a lovely general store!

I really like this old house. There is a nice view of the river, as well as an astounding patio built of stone.

9 comments:

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
Made the most of that outing!

Anvilcloud said...

I have not sat in the upper deck, nor have I poked my nose inside that general store. The store interests me. Not that the deck doesn't.

Olga said...

What a pleasant day trip. I was struck by that old house aa well and I always love lily ponds.

Nancy J said...

A hydro dam, that is quite close to a town, here all ours are further away. Lovely old homes, and hay, I can remember ours on the farm when I was so young.

Christine said...

Thanks for the tour and photos!

William Kendall said...

That upper deck has quite a view!

Red said...

You see a lot of interesting stuff in one drive.

Kay said...

It’s so nice to live in a country where you can drive far and have a wonderful day trip exploring the sites. I live on a small island where we’ve seen just about everything already. Sigh...

Lowcarb team member said...

Looks really good.
I enjoyed your photographs.

All the best Jan