Wednesday 22 August 2018

Aug. 22 – Happy Anniversary to us!

Monday

Needing some TLC, I booked a manicure. How decadent! They play New Age music, and it is lovely, peaceful, relaxing. I've been too stressed to plan ahead, but I should have. Whilst there, a woman getting a pedicure was on her phone for about 15 minutes into the event. I voiced my complaint to the young lady doing my manicure. I guess they didn't have the protocol to do anything.


By the third call, Woman-on-the-Phone was in an debate/argument with someone, and began raising her voice. I yelled over to her, "You don't have to yell!" She apologised and hung up. Mic drop. I felt better.


Tuesday

Tuesday morning I rearranged furniture. I should have put the air conditioner on!!! The arrangement works out better, as we are closer to the TV, and hubby can hear better. We've lived here since 2010 and it's the same house, the same TV, the same arrangement since then!



Daisy checked it all out. Hooper just hunkered down on the chair. Annabelle stretched out on the couch on the blanket, after checking behind the chairs.

Tuesday afternoon I sat with my client. She loathes and fear rainstorms. It poured rain during the three hours of my visit! (sigh) I was quite grateful for the rain.

We had 25.9 mm (1") between Aug. 21 and 22!



I think I managed to cheer my client up with self-deprecating stories. She'd lost her eldest and last living sibling. Hubby surprised me with flowers when I arrived home.
Thank you for your encouraging words, all. I am healing each day. Letting go the anger, I am finding my centre.


Today, Aug. 22, is our wedding anniversary. 2002 was a very good year. We were married on Mom and Dad's lakefront.

Around the World

My daughter and her family's epic 5-week trip has been amazing. Such photos. The kids have traveled from Tokyo, to Osaka, and now they are in Kyoto. All of this by train over the past week. They are very hot. It's been 33 C. for days. Stifling heat.
We've chatted every couple of days on Facetime, which has been great.
Their next jaunt is to go by bullet train from Kyoto back to Tokyo Narita airport, then fly to Seoul, Korea, and then to L.A.

For some reason my Twitter feed showed me two typhoons.  I guess I follow a couple of weather chasers! Soulik is headed for Korea (on the left/west) and Cimaron (right). Both are scheduled to make landfall on Thursday. Caitlin is watching it all. They are scheduled to fly to visit Seoul shortly. Sigh.
Soulik (left)
Cimaron is headed for south Japan. 

What? Me worry?!




They did, of course,
visit a tower. Izzy looks a bit hot and tired!
skies from the tower

a rainbow

9 comments:

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
CONGRATS YOU TWO!!!
Love the new layout Jenn; having had the privilege of standing in that room, I can 'feel' how this now is and think it works really well.
Sorry been a bit 'absent' of late. Busy busy busy summer!!!
Hugs for the anniversary. YAM xx

Anvilcloud said...

Keep on keeping on, eh?

William Kendall said...

Happy Anniversary!

Nancy J said...

Happy Day and many best wishes to you both. Tower high, I would feel sick just thinking about it, as I hate heights. What a travel they have had, and Facetime is the best at times like this. Do not worry, no pilot would take off it was too rough!!!

Olga said...

Haopy Anniversary!

Good for you to speak up to that rude phone lady. I was in a shop yesterday and noticed a sign asking people to turn off their phones or at least put them on vibrate and step outside if they absolutely needed to take a call. It said something about wanting to foster a peaceful and relaxing shopping experience for all customers and a calm atmosphere for the staff. This is a store where I will shop again!

Christine said...

You sound a bit better, more like your old self Jenn, Happy Anniversary!

DUTA said...

Happy Wedding Anniversary! The wedding picture is lovely! Wishing you many happy returns of the event!

Red said...

Happy anniversary! I hope you had a great day. We really need some rain here.

Angie said...

Happy Belated Anniversary! A 'spa' or place for pedicures should be peaceful - you were dead on to make a comment! The typhoons are certainly worrying - praying all has progressed well with their travel - maybe I should check your next post!