Saturday 4 August 2018

Frogs and cats and dogs in life jackets

Counting frogs has been difficult. I keep getting a different number!
Then, this little guy found a spot under the fountain!


What number did you get?! 

Then, there are the cats. Daisy (white) is the alpha. Annabelle has been the victim, but now Daisy goes after Hooper, in his cute white boots. Annabelle has found some courage to come to Hooper's aid. They were all abandoned cats, we're happy to give them a home.

We had dinner in Rideau Ferry. This was a fun scene! This is our long weekend, and police are warning people to play safely, wear life jackets, and drive and boat following the law.



Down in the meadow, in the dark!
Deer in the dark from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

10 comments:

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
I cowered out of the counting... but squeeeeeed at the dogs on the board!

Am in a belated spring clean hustle; have got blogpals from North of Ottawa coming to stay (who I met on my BAR trip) at the end of the week. Hope you are both recovering/ed! YAM xx

DeniseinVA said...

Thanks Jenn, I enjoyed seeing all the videos and photos, a very relaxing start to my day :)

Betty J. Crow said...

I lost count on the frogs. :) Enjoyed the videos. Happy Saturday.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, you have lots of frogs there. I love hearing them around our yard at night. I wonder how the dogs like being on the paddleboards. My old dogs would have jumped in the water. Your kitties are adorable. Love the deer. Great photos and videos. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend! PS, thank also for the comment on my post.

Peace Thyme said...

Lovely photos and relaxing videos. Thanks!

William Kendall said...

You wonder what dogs think being out on the water.

Nancy J said...

One big and one small white dog, that was so peaceful, and I guess they have been well trained to sit still.Cats, all ours are rescue or adopted us.Just one is the terrorist!!! Boris, the warrior.He needs to be quiet and gentle,like when he arrived.

Angie said...

Yep, I got 23 frogs as well … loved hearing your voice doing the counting. Isn't summer just so much fun? Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Olga said...

Life jackets for dogs is a good idea if they are riding far from the shore.

Anvilcloud said...

Those ratted frogs keep moving. I hate it when that happens. :)