Friday 18 September 2015

Forest bathing at Fieldwork

We went forest bathing at Fieldwork. It's an amazing park, with creative, clever pieces of art. We've been before, but they are adding pieces each year. They take some away, as well, as some are made of natural materials. Here are my post and photos of previous years.

You can find it between Maberly and Brooke, Ontario, on Old Brooke Rd. Lots of big hobby farms and interesting people live nearby!

There are many who praise the idea of Forest Bathing, which I've mentioned before. For those who cannot meditate, is is a fine way to breathe in the earth, its flora and fauna and renew your spirit. This is a fun way to pop surprises into the forest.

Soon silence will have passed into legend. Man has turned his back on silence. Day after day he invents machines and devices that increase noise and distract humanity from the essence of life, contemplation, meditation. Tooting, howling, screeching, booming, crashing, whistling, grinding, and trilling bolster his ego.
                      -Jean Arp, artist and poet (16 Sep 1887-1948) 

8 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Good morning, it looks like a pretty park to visit. I like the art. Great photos. Enjoy your weekend!

Nancy J said...

Those words are so true, and when I need some really private time, can walk under our trees, and just sit a while. The wigwam? Is that a man made one? I can see fairies and elves playing there.

William Kendall said...

A new term to me! It looks like a pretty place.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Got that on my tick off list!!! Love the quote - not one I'm familiar with, though the sentiments most definitely! YAM xx

Hannah said...

I enjoy time in the woods but I kind of live in some so, that's a lot of the time. I like the tree with the cat carved into the bare bark, Jennifer. I'll have to look around for some dead tree and contemplate carving something...

Red said...

Great photos. You can tell that this is a special place.

Rose said...

Interesting to say the least!

Karen said...

I love it! Walking my back 40, often alone with the dog, has been very soothing when I'm stressed. Some great inspiration for artwork! Thank you!