Saturday 16 March 2024

Saturday's Critters

 The weather has been strangely warm for March. We've had some rainstorms come in, which helps to melt the ice and snow. I'm not sure that is a good idea, but this is Climate Change. We had much more snow last year to protect flora and fauna. None this March. This weather what usually happens in April, not March. Warm sunshine, with cold overnight temperatures. The maple tree sap is flowing!


The deer are massive leapers! I chose the thumbnail for the height of its leap. March 9th.

deer from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

I went walkies and they were hiding behind the trees, watching me for danger.

deer in the forest from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

The same day, in the dark.

coyotes Mar 9 from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

They are the funniest critters, wandering in their long lines.

wild turkeys from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.


The skunk is awake, and out and about in the backyard!

skunk March 15 from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

Not only that, but the street sweeper was out in town!

street sweeper from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

7 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

Deer sure can jump! Loved the little ole turkeys passing by. And the skunk sure has a fluffy tail! Street sweepers are definitely another kind of critter!

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

I could watch deer move around for hours. They are so graceful.

That coyote peeing in, marking its territory.

Turkeys are such unlikely creatures.

A skunk!!

We got a new fence and I made it so our little dog cannot get out. I thought I left a few small holes for rabbits but my trailcam has not picked any up since I did the work. Just squirrels and I have enough squirrel pics and video.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love your videos and save them to watch on my IPAD. Your new banner is gorgeous too! Happy weekend!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Great critter videos, my favorites are the deer and turkeys.
Nice capture of the skunk! Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, enjoy your weekend. PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

tz_garden said...

Woah, that was a big jump. Love the skunks, I think they are so cute.

RedPat said...

It looks like all your creatures are awake. Love how the deer jumps.

Red said...

Spring is popping out all over at your place.