Saturday 30 March 2024

Saturday's Critters

 I've been having a fun time keeping track of the skunk, cottontails and other critters. I found a baby once. So wee!

This is what I'm seeing on my sidewalk:

The moon has been fabulous. Even as I am critter watching.

Labbit moon from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

Rainy Labbit from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

Skunk (I shall have to think of a name!)

Skunk March 27 from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

Down in the forest, a ruffed grouse appeared. I seldom see them.
 

Grouse Mar 24 from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

The deer fence will go up once the greens begin to grow!
 

deer in the garden from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

I've had a disaster in the house. In September, 2012, we bought a 60-gallon fish tank. I've thought about when it might fall apart. It has sprung a leak. Having taped it with Flex Tape, it was still leaking.

I'd bought the tank when we had five goldfish and they needed a larger tank.

 

I had no choice but to put the fish in the outdoor goldfish pond. JB helped me drain the indoor tank. They don't make this style anymore. I cannot replace it. It is difficult to say if anyone repairs them. We'll ask around. 

It's a bit chilly outside (-1℃), but I expect the fishies will be OK. Percy is pretty solid. One of the other three is showing signs of age. 




11 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Happy Easter to you and your family.
What a great variety of wildlife.
The bunny, grouse and the deer are favorites.
The fish are so pretty.
Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great weekend. PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

Barbara Rogers said...

I only thought of what Bambi named his skunk friend in the movie...Flower. A bit strange. I haven't heard the story of the dragon in the garden...which intrigues me. Glad you saved the fish from floundering about if the tank broke and they were swoosing all over the floor...not to mention yourselves from the possible mess!

Anvilcloud said...

Having a big tank leak would not be a happy thing.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
Well, I guess it's close enough to when the fish would go out anyway. Hope there's not too much more wintery return...and the tank is fixable... Hooroo frae Inverness, today, and some half decent reception!!! YAM xx

Karen said...

Don't trap the bunny. He has a busy night tonight. Sorry your tank sprung a leak. My cousin leaves her goldfish (Koi) out all winter. They were the grandkids goldfish that outgrew the tank. They are HUGE now.

RedPat said...

Too bad about the fish tank. I don't think we are to have really cold weather this week so the fish should be okay.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

You got quite the parade of critters coming through in the night.

Love the skunk and the rabbit. And the deer.

Elephant's Child said...

I love that you keep track of your critters. And feel for you on the fishtank. One of ours essentially collapsed while we were asleep.

DrumMajor said...

Ask the Flex-Tape manufacturer for a new tank! Linda in Kansas

David M. Gascoigne, said...

We saw three groundhogs today - first of the year.

Lowcarb team member said...

Wonderful variety of wildlife critters.

All the best Jan