Tuesday 5 March 2024

Cinnamon walkies Part I

Before I forget to tell you, that was a day Monday. Sunny and lovely. I sat out and read while someone watched curling. In contrast, Calgary, our west, is frigid. This cold front is on the way just to keep us on our toes.



Sunday afternoon I felt like going out in the milder weather. I poked my head in the office and asked Cinnamon "walkies?" He sat up, stretched, and met me by the door. Off we went. 



A cloudy day, the mosses are bright green.

He headed off into the wetland, but came back.



He came back to shore and looked up! Something caught his eye.

 

Cinnamon walkies from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

Can you see it way up high? I did not see it. 


I moved around to get a better view...


barred owl Mar 3 from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

We kept away, and headed towards the pond. 

8 comments:

Jeanie said...

We're warm here, too. Temp is supposed to drop tomorrow but compared to most years, no problem!

Barbara Rogers said...

What a sweet owl who obviously saw you. You must not have offered any threat to him!

Anvilcloud said...

I am not surprised that there is colder weather coming, but it looks as though all days will be >0 for the next two weeks. Not the nights, of course.

Cloudia said...

I love seeing cinnamon wandering around in the woods. Aloha!

RedPat said...

How fabulous. I have never seen one. I love seeing Cinnamon walking along with his tail straight up in the air having a good time with you.

Lowcarb team member said...

Goodness -23! Can't begin to imagine how cold that is!
Love the owl.

All the best Jan

Red said...

Nice catch seeing the barred owl.

NatureFootstep said...

looks like my place too. Snow almost gone now. :)