Monday 4 March 2024

Cardinal, spam, Cinnamon

Archie, our lone 🦃 turkey, seems to have disappeared. I wonder if the coyote finally managed to get him. Usually they travel in a flock in winter. There is safety in numbers. It's the circle of life.


The contact paper is working on the cardinal. He lands on the railing further down, but doesn't poop on the stair railing. Progress! 


This is a new level of spam! I just found it weird. Back in the day, prior to COVID, publicists would send me books to review. I'm still on their lists, which have been sold to dipsticks like this. I have to keep reporting them and blocking them. They don't have the unsubscribe buttons as is required.

Indoor play is good! JB had a good play with Cinnamon.



Cinnamon from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

In the background, purple finch are singing for love! March 1st. The cats were out for their morning romp and the deer were stamping in their direction. Our snow is nearly gone.

deer watching from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

😸 Cinnamon and I went walkies on Sunday. Not only was there lots of action on the trailcams, we spotted...???!!!

10 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Cute images of Cinnamon, the Cardinals and the deer!
Take care, enjoy your day and have a great week ahead.

Patio Postcards said...

Oh no poor turkey. Interesting but weird about the spam letter & AI ... I'll say no more. Exciting walk to the trail cams - a returning bird that's early?!

Barbara Rogers said...

Sorry Archie may have gone the way a good Thanksgiving dinner goes, to feed others not of his kind. Interesting to see how deer react to cats.

Anvilcloud said...

Such suspense ...

DrumMajor said...

What a beautiful blue-headed bird! Linda in Kansas

Nancy J said...

What did you spot?? I could see two cats, some deer, searched the trees a second time, still looking. Good to see the snow going.

RedPat said...

The Cardinal probably thinks that he finally scared the other one away.

Cloudia said...

I like your poetry:

In the background, purple finch are singing for love! March 1st. The cats were out for their morning romp and the deer were stamping in their direction. Our snow is nearly gone

Cloudia said...

I like your poetry:

In the background, purple finch are singing for love! March 1st. The cats were out for their morning romp and the deer were stamping in their direction. Our snow is nearly gone

Jeanie said...

Cinnamon is so darned cute! I don't get a LOT of mail spam but I do get a lot of phone spam. I hate it!