Wednesday 20 March 2024

Cinnamon Walkies & cat traps

Cat visitor

The Harlequin Tabby who visits us at night, I've been trying to trap it, it continues to visit. I've taken to calling him Harley.

Harley from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

I'm not having much luck! I didn't even catch Cinnamon. I need to try something else.

cat trapping from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

I put out some old, dried up cat food as bait. The mouse took it away. There is a joke here, but I had a long afternoon with my client yesterday, and my brain is fried.
 

mice friends from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

 Cinnamon and I went walkies. He was happy the snow is gone. (It is back. We had a cm of snow last night!) Cinnamon found a wood frog on one of our warmer days. I buried it in leaves after moving it. The deer was concerned. Tuesday we woke to -6℃., so froggies are sleeping, again.



Apparently the sand is a good place to roll. This is what Fred Groundhog dug up from under the shed. I figure Fred will be back. 

Down we went to see if the owl was there. It was! 


It is very difficult to photograph!

barred owl March 14 from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

Closer to home, I found this jaw bone in the forest. 



This is the rabbit skull for comparison. 

Percy is doing well. It will truly be spring when I can put him out into the goldfish pond. We've 4 fish left. 

11 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

Happy first day of spring!

Jeanie said...

I love your walks with Cinnamon. The owl s fantastic!

RedPat said...

How wonderful that you found the owl again.

DrumMajor said...

Is Percy eating the other fish? Looks like coyotes or bears are eating smaller critters. Very smart mouse and Harley! Linda in Kansas

Anvilcloud said...

What will you do with the cat if you traps it? Takes it to LAWS? We were near you today. You'll know more when I blog about it.

Nancy J said...

Harley is an escapee!!! The mice are so smart!! And more snow.

Red said...

Do you know what the jawbone is from the forest. I have found them and of course, I don't know what they are.

Lorrie said...

Happy Spring! We visited a park in town today and our grandson noticed a Barred Owl perched high on a ledge. A lovely find.
Glad you found your owl again.

eileeninmd said...

Looks like a nice walk with your kitty!
Great sighting of the owl.
Take care, enjoy your day!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Just loved seeing your barred owl! I watched one watching Tony taking out the garbage the other day. It was interesting to see how it tracked him. Tony of course, didn't have a clue.

tz_garden said...

How great, the owl is here to stay? Cinnamon lives a good life.