Wednesday 22 July 2020

Critters are all around us!

We've water lily #2! Hurray! Plus, we're up to 11 froggies in the goldfish pond. Next, it'll be the snakes going after the froggies.

The fish are doing well. I fed them and all 6 look good.



Then there are the cats...


Green frog trying to get a sour taste out of its mouth.   

Momma Butch – she's down to 4 kits.  

 A bird in the bath. I don't know what kind, it was a bit damp!   

 I heard a ruckus in the forest. The bluejays. I was worried that there was an owl, hopeful, too! It turns out it was a baby bluejay demanding food, in the quivering little shaky thing they do!

And, a cat having fun in the wildflowers!

12 comments:

Tom said...

...I guess so.

RedPat said...

The water lily is beautiful!

carol l mckenna said...

Oh beautiful water lily pond and love the frogs and cats ~ great wildlife videos too !

Live each moment with love,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Nancy J said...

Upset little froggie, even his legs were quivering. Love the bird far away and cats rolling in the grasses, perfect delight.

DUTA said...

Lovely two little videos- the one with the baby bluejay bird, and the other with the cat having fun in the grass!

Angie said...

Jenn - you know I love to see your wildlife. We don't see many frogs, but we can sure hear them down at the lake, even up at our house! Enjoy the rest of your week!

Anvilcloud said...

That waterlily pic turned out really well.

Hootin Anni said...

Blue Jay baby melts my heart! I always enjoy visiting with you...your yard_land is ideal for everything & anything.

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Hi Jenn ... I absolutely love your header picture ! It is perfect !
I love frogs. I so wish we could have them or at least the sound of them .. nothing like frog song mixed with crickets.
All this wildlife is so wonderful to see on the videos .. thank you !
Hey .. we have those weather stations in the kitchen and family room .. they are great right?
The water lily is gorgeous ... I had one once .. in a container pond and loved it.

carol l mckenna said...

Love goldfish ~ this is a fantastic post with great photos and videos ~ I see something new each time ~ thanks for your comments ^_^

Live each moment with love,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

William Kendall said...

The bird looks happy to be in the water.

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like that water lily :)

All the best Jan