Saturday 11 July 2020

Saturday's Critters


It's been quite a week. The A/C broke down during a drought and a heat wave. Throwing the windows open at night only gained us an indoor temperature of 27 C. Happily, thanks to Tropical Storm Fay, we've rain for the day, and lower temperatures. I spent part of the day in my kiddie pool, listening to a podcast. (archive photo from last year!) 

We are inundated with deerflies, but they leave me alone, for the most part, on the lower deck. 


On my way down to the pond... 

   

There was a coyote sniffing around!

   

 I believe my hosta-eater, the doe, is momma to the fawn. They hang around all the time!

   

 If you seek a lovely walk in the forest, listen to this video and the bird. The deerflies make an appearance, too! I wear a cap, with a deerfly stickie. They work pretty well.



   

 The song sparrow must have a nest. It would be brood #3, at least, I'd imagine. He's a lovely singer.

 

For more critters, around the world...

Saturday's Critters #343


12 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello Jenn,

Cute photo of you in the pool! We could have used some of Fay rain, it missed us. Love the deer and coyote video. Great critters.
Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Enjoy your day, have a great weekend. PS, thank you for the visit and comment.

Mae Travels said...

It's good that there's a deerfly remedy but your sticker on your cap is really creepy after you used it! Nice nature photos

be well... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Lovely post, Jenn. I do enjoy your cam footage. Makes me wonder what I am missing around here!

Anvilcloud said...

I hadn't realized that your pool, small as it is, has a pump. I figured it was a kiddie pool.

Tom said...

...I was just out working in the yard, the deer flies were dive bombing me.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I've wondered what a deer fly looked like. We have all kinds of bugs here and I never know what is biting unless it's a big horse fly. I hope you get your AC fixed. We would be in trouble down here without it. AC on...fans on too! Great sightings this week. ENJOY!

RedPat said...

The Song Sparrow tune is one of my top hits from birds!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
We need look no further than flies and other such insects for examples of alien life - such beauty in that difference... though peskiness too! YAM xx

Karen said...

I love your little videos.

Adam Jones said...

It was lovely to hear the Song Sparrow. Video is so much better than a still.

Anu said...

What a sticker on your cap!
Lovely post.

Linda said...

Deer flys are out here too. Hardly any rain for us, just a light drizzle for a short while.