Sunday 5 July 2020

It is a miracle!

We did some research for weeks, found what we were looking for, and after JB being in 7 lineups, several conversations with staff, we finally bought one. Poor Grampa! We couldn't find out how big the box was. We knew it would take weeks for them to assemble it, they are so busy. This is what it looked like online. 

We'd made several phone calls. JB went  into town Thursday to see if it was ready. They told him it was on the truck, at the back, and they'd have to unload it. We contacted Shane, who delivers such items for people like us. He put us into the Friday morning slot. I texted Shane to confirm. Finally, Friday morning Home Hardware called. It was ready. About 125 lbs., they said. I texted Shane, again, and said we were a go. 

Friday morning, July 3

Josephine really enjoyed the puzzles, and I told her we had another puzzle being delivered in the morning.
The girls and I played Skip-Bo while we anxiously waited. 

Shane and assistant pulled up and we put it on the wagon. JB paid them. 
The girls and I began to do the job. We unwrapped everything and sorted the pieces. It was really hot and humid!

The directions weren't very clear, as items weren't distinguishable. Short, medium and long screws. No lengths of each.
Isabelle and I labelled them.
Isabelle and I did the first two legs. We had two front legs on one side. I had to dismantle it. Josephine came out at that point, and we redid the legs, did the other two legs and the cross brace. 

Momma and Poppa arrived after lunch, they've been working from home. They are in our bubble and haven't visited in months.  It was so good to see them. He, Josee and I did the bench. It was awful work! Bless their hearts.

Jos got too hot and went inside. Caitlin, JL and I persevered. There was a nut that fell down between the boards. Caitlin fished it out with a donut-shaped magnet tied to a string. It was time for JL's conference call (4 p.m.) and then dinner. The kids had brought dumplings, cabbage salad, edamame and saki for dinner, as well as chopsticks. We had a feast. After dinner, JL had another phone meeting and the girls put the cushions on the bench. Ta da!

The kids slept over and went home on Saturday. Such a great visit.



I spent the next afternoon on the bench, stretched out, reading! My eyes hurt after, but it was worth it. 

I think I have a consult appointment for my cataracts on Tuesday, although no surgery is being done, yet, in Ottawa. Their machines aren't up and running in the office. I just hope I can get them done. They are doing surgery in Brockville. 

12 comments:

Tom said...

...how I hate putting things together!

Anvilcloud said...

I would think that medical appointments and procedures could soon return to something closer to normal.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
These put together things are an exercise in puzzles never mind cross words!!! (;*}) It was worth it though - that's a beaut!!! YAM xx

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I like your new swing. I hope you can get your cataract surgery soon.
Have a great day and a happy new week!

Christine said...

Yay on the cataract appointment, good job on the assembly team!

Lowcarb team member said...

Well done … it's wonderful.

Hope your appointment goes well and they may be able to do some surgery soon to help you.

All the best Jan

Karen said...

Oh dear Jenn, I hope you get some good encouraging news from your consultant appointment. I can't believe how long you have been waiting. My friend who lives near Parham had a long wait too though so maybe I shouldn't be surprised.

Nancy J said...

You, all together, have worked a miracle. Those eyes, I so hope you can get them both done, now I am on this medication for 12 months, cannot risk any cataract surgery till after July 2021. !!!! I am ordering a white stick in case I might need it then. The surgeon was very clear about any surgery, unless it was a life threatening emergency, leave it. Love the seat. were they called " Love Seats " way back in the days when couples sat in the twilight!!!

Hootin Anni said...

We have a time deciphering the instruction manuals too....but, my your wait was worth it! This game you played is new to ne.

Ontario Wanderer said...

Well done! It would not have been so bad without the hot sun I am sure. Looks like a nice place to sit and read.

Linda said...

hope you get some news for the cataract surgery

Elizabeth Edwards said...

makes me think of when i get into different kind of crafts ... and i just wanna be there all the time ... then i pay for it .. my eyes are like, what r u thinking??! so fun. what fun. stay cool this week! take care. ( ;