Monday 20 July 2020

More critters

The flowers are doing well, indoors and out. We had a decent rain the other day. Sunday, there were lots of warnings, but it wasn't so bad by the time it made its way to us.

At its height, there were 47,000 without power across the province.

The lightning maps show what we were hearing. We are the blue dot.

My cyclamen likes the kitchen window. (Please do not look at the dirty window!)

Our lawn isn't doing so well in the hot sun. In the middle of this section is my sole veggie. One little pumpkin plant. Our local nursery was almost was bare. I think, at this point, it doesn't have a hope. I don't know if you remember last year, the deer kept nipping the buds off my one pumpkin plant. 

Blast from the past. This popped up on Facebook! 

I really enjoy the critters! On my way down to fetch the trailcam cards, I spotted a Monarch butterfly. I kept watching, and she laid an egg!

They are so quick. 


Doe a deer

 


Check out the coyote(s), and help me compare sizes. I think there is a smaller one, as well as an adult. They won't wear name tags, and it is difficult to tell!

 

6 comments:

Tom said...

...thanks, that the first monarch that I've seen this season.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

The storm pretty much passed us by too. It went very dark and the wind picked up, but about twenty minutes later it was already calming down again.

Rain said...

I looked at the dirty window. LOL...Oh I love your trail cam videos...we returned ours. Something was wrong with them. When we set them on "video" they took 2 photos then nothing and shut off. We went through all the settings, but the same thing kept happening. We were supposed to buy a better one, but you know...the well and all that, so we are without trailcams for this year! We heard the coyotes last night though.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I always enjoy seeing the deer, I have probably said this many times too. LOL.. We could really use some rain here. Take care! Enjoy your day and have a great new week!

Nancy J said...

39 second coyote seems to be bigger, in my eyes, but as you know, with cataracts, anything could be distorted. Rain last night, looks like a fine morning, still very dark at 6.30 a.m.

Lowcarb team member said...

I like your cyclamen ...

All the best Jan