Tuesday 14 July 2020

A walkabout and a sit

We were starting a week with the grandkids, but first, flora and fauna.
The green frogs have moved into the goldfish pond. It is so dry. 
 

The tadpoles have lost their tails and grown legs.

The huckleberries have now fruited.

After our 35 mm of rain, the frog pond filled a tad. I think it's water parsnip that grows in the void. The phragmites continue to take over the pond. Mine aren't the invasive kind, they are found here in Lanark County.

This, I think, is a red-eyed vireo nest. They are woven with different materials.


The wild grapes are growing!

OK, funny story. I was about to go down to the forest. Nutmeg was on the driveway, Cinnamon went rushing by her, not looking where he was going, as is his way. He ended up running through the puddle. He seemed quite surprised!

I found a cicada on a rock.


It was another warm day Sunday. I trimmed my hair on the back deck, then went for a sit in the kiddie pool. I was listening to my iPod. 

As I sat there, I had a visitor. bombyliidae, bee fly.

Then there is the green dragonfly, bad photo, you'll have to trust me. 

The girls arrived Monday, and we hunkered down for the week. Izzy and I blew up the queen mattress we had. That's where they watched their afternoon video.




We'd ordered puzzles and a craft called Diamond Dotz. Isabelle and I watched a How To video. 


It was a chilly pool, but Iz went in!

7 comments:

Tom said...

...phragmites is taking over around here!

Anvilcloud said...

Have a good week with the kids.

RedPat said...

It is magical how a tadpole can become a frog!

Lowcarb team member said...

Enjoy your time with the grandkids.

All the best Jan

Ontario Wanderer said...

We also have Green Frogs in our pond but we rarely see them due to the number of cattails growing there. We do hear them as we go by. They are much quieter than the Spring Peepers, Chorus Frogs, and Wood Frogs of earlier months.

Christine said...

Such a wonderful time of year, even better with the grandies around!

William Kendall said...

Cats do not like it getting wet.