Sunday 12 July 2020

Rain, glorious rain!


My orchid, I haven't killed it! It has new buds and a blossom. I'm so happy.

Outside, the Yucca plant had to be tied up! I love them. It doesn't bloom every year, but when it does... The woodpeckers will eat the seeds that form in the pods later in the season.

This was an experiment. Which do you prefer? My artsy photographer blogger peeps do experiment. The sun was glaring in and I thought I'd try. Cinnamon came in hot and tired!



Hubby continues to walk around 6 a.m., and is doing his best with his little sony camera! I thought this quite artsy, again! Water lilies growing in the canal.


We had 35 mm rain, which is nothing to sneeze at these days. It might just save our crops. Our current indoor temperature is 24, finally the heat broke. That is down from a peak of 29 C. a couple of days ago. Our hydro is up 25% month-to-month from last year. 

There are bedroom fans, which have saved us. I've kept the furnace fan going, as well. The basement is quite nice.


Rain, glorious rain... 

 

Both cats watched the downpour from the front deck!
 

I have a rain barrel that drains into the goldfish pond. The goldfish were quite happy with this! You can see the woodpeckers in the rain, too!  


The robin had a bath in hubby's fountain. I spotted a hummingbird drinking from it, as well as a group of 6 cedar waxwings. After they were done, they soared away, up high in the sky. It was majestic and liberating. (You'll have to imagine it. I wasn't going to waste the moment running for the camera!)

   

7 comments:

RedPat said...

It is nice here this morning too. We didn't get much rain but the plants are happier.

Rain said...

Hi Jenn :) Oh that's great news about the rain and the drop in temperature. We're still in a humid heat wave, 35 with humidexes of 40 or so. We have the little a/c in the kitchen with all of the windows closed but it wasn't meant to cool the whole house...it's about 24, 50% humidity if we don't open windows or the door too long. I hope your new one comes first thing tomorrow! I love the black and white Cinnamon shot, it is definitely artsy and very beautiful. What a great shot! Hubby's lily pads are great too! I loved seeing the robin bathing and the wet woodpeckers...I can't wait to get my rain barrels! I have to call that lady to see if she has them in yet. We got that downpour the other day too! It's so welcome!

Tom said...

...we had a thunderstorm go through yesterday afternoon, the most rain that we have had in a long time!!!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
LOL - love the cat piccie! The sound of summer rain is soothing is it not?! YAM xx

Christine said...

Good you are enjoying summer it passes so quickly.

Hootin Anni said...

Love the robin...and your blooming plants. You have a green thumb. I wish the heat would break and we'd get some rain (no hurricane, just rain)

Anvilcloud said...

I don't think we ever shut out furnace fan off.