Wednesday 12 February 2020

critters

With the deep snow cover, there haven't been too many exciting critters, just the same old ones on the trailcams and out the kitchen window.

We have winter birds. OK, had. I haven't seen them since. Such a dreary day.



An archive photo, so you know what they really look like!



deer 1 from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

I love the turkeys! The snow is so deep for them. They were quick!

wild turkeys from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

This is why they get snow on their faces.

 




The day before he lost an antler.

11 comments:

carol l mckenna said...

Might be same old critters to you but fascinating to me ~ wonderful post ~

Happy Moments to You,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Karen said...

Looks like we are in for more Jen. Polish up your shovel!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Pretty purple finches and the deer are beautiful. Wonderful critters.

Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy week ahead!

Tom said...

...it's nice to check in on your wildlife sanctuary, stay warm.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Oh, the deer
that very fist deer
deary me, the darling deer
THAT DEER... oh dear
I'm all aflutter
for that darling deer!!!
YAM xx

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

The turkey's are fun to watch. It looks like they have ties hanging from their necks :-)

Out To Pasture said...

I'd be glued to the window all day if I had all those lovelies outside! Funny how the turkeys were trotting along in single file, their beards a bobbing.

Out To Pasture said...

I'd be glued to the window all day if I had all those lovelies outside! Funny how the turkeys were trotting along in single file, their beards a bobbing.

Hootin Anni said...

I can watch finches & your deer all day long!

Red said...

Sometimes winter birds disappear for short time. I like your turkeys. we don't have them here.

William Kendall said...

Those wonderful deer eyes! I get a kick out of her sniffing at the camera.