Monday 3 February 2020

Barter Board

I like this part of Facebook. I've done several 'for free' or bartered items.
One woman was looking for princess and insect fabric. I had some insect fabric leftover from these dresses. They don't do princesses anymore! Jos doesn't do dresses much, either.

I asked, and Heather Lee was going to make card holders for her kids for card games. She picked it up Saturday, Feb. 1st, and seemed quite pleased with it!
I sewed them dresses in 2015




Orchid cactus

The next barter, I've pruned the orchid cactus.
It was a gift from Nancey in Muskoka. I have given cuttings to my client's caregiver, she's rooted it. She has a major green thumb.

It has grown some. Here it was a few years ago, and then yesterday.


Here are the cuttings... I've 4 new owners lined up.


It has such massive blossoms.

9 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

Such nice blooms on the cactus.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

The free banter is a great idea. The granddaughters look cute in their dresses. Pretty plants and blooms. Enjoy your day, wishing you a great new week!

Tom said...

...keep passing thing on.

DUTA said...

The blue and pink dresses for your grandies are lovely!The two girls wear their dress with childish grace and charm.

Christine said...

love the idea of bartering!

Kay said...

I love the idea of bartering/sharing. Those dresses are so cute. Your Christmas cactuses are really blooming beautifully.

RedPat said...

Do you just cut them off and put them into soil or put them into water for a while?

Jenn Jilks said...

@RedPat I have done both methods of rooting them. I find it best to stick them in water. That way the soil doesn't accidentally dry out. Also, I can see when rooting has begun.

William Kendall said...

That's a new idea to me.