Sunday 2 February 2020

It's a busy forest!

I finally wore snowshoes down to get the trailcam memory cards. It was awful walking, even so. We had snow overnight.

I've set the thumbnail to the best image, although I know JB watches every one. You can hear the poor critters on the snow. The coyote and fisher are light enough to stay on top of the snow.

Jan. 29 

Jan. 30 

fox & fisher jan 30 from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

doe a deer from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

Jan. 31 

The turkeys are showing mating behaviours. It seems early.

Out the kitchen window! That's where hubby eats his breakfast, to watch them.


buck from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

coyote from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

I was on Twitter, and someone else, who posts fine trailcam videos, showed this.

Mine spend so much time mushing the boxes, laying down scent, that you would never see it!
The fisher marked the spot. I was quite eager to see if I had him on the trailcam. He keeps marking the spot where the box still sits under the snow.


fox and fisher from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

Feb. 1st 

deer 1 from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

11 comments:

Tom said...

...ah, to live in a wildlife sanctuary.

Karen said...

Your deer sure are nosy, LOL

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
It would be a dull day indeed if Jenn never managed to produce a multitude of critters for us to enjoy each Saturday!!! YAM xx

Nancy J said...

I tried to count the deer, so many with all the turkeys. The fisher, what an unusual set of markings or blazes. Your wildlife is amazing, I truly cannot imagine the joy of seeing them right there.

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Hi Jen ;-)
Thanks for leaving a comment ... I have to pick up the light tomorrow and I am really excited about it, especially being in my office .. I will get some positive "beams" of light while admiring the plant (I hope not to kill) .. and inspire me to really plan in detail what I am going to do in the garden this year.
Those are amazing pictures of the wildlife ! Kudos to you walking there in snowshoes .. I haven't done that in years, I know it isn't easy .. so well done you !

Rain said...

I love watching your critter videos. The "Doe a Deer" is so sweet when she looks right into the camera! And I love the video of all the critters together, you have such a great spot there!!

Christine said...

I always learn so much here, first I am hearing of a fisher.

Red said...

Must be fun to see what your camera gets every day.

Anvilcloud said...

The deer up close in colour is very cute.

Kay said...

I always get a kick out of your wild turkeys. There is a problem with coyotes in Chicago.

William Kendall said...

The deer are quite graceful.