Monday 24 February 2020

Rideau Ferry

At the risk of boring my readers, but letting hubby know where we have been, I split our otter hunting trip into two posts! We didn't see any otters, it is too early. I did spot an eagle working on a deer carcass. I think it might be time to replace my videocamera, but this is my evidence. This was a drive-by shooting, you see. It took off as soon as JB pulled the car to the side of the road.


At first, I thought it was a vulture, but the distinct white in the tail and the head gave it away. This is an archive photo!



The frozen lakes give people lots of pleasure. One has to embrace winter in these climes. Adoring the wetland and forests for the peace and quiet, I loathe the noise of the snow machines, but now we're not living beside a lake anymore, they are fewer and farther between.
This is what they would do on the frozen lake in Bala. They were off the trail, and I was happy to survive the experience.


Off to the pub for lunch.



The cold, cold patio! Soon we shall eat there again!



A beef skewer with cornbread! It was so good to get out of the house and go for a drive.



Blue skies, at last.


It's quite a culture.



After this, we went to the lake to see the ice fishing huts.
That's a big dog! I nearly slipped and fell on the icy conditions.



A father/daughter duo augering a hole.



6 comments:

Tom said...

...ice fishing has always been a popular activity back home, but with our freeze and thaw winter you better have a boat!

Hootin Anni said...

I know what you mean about getting out of the house (rain & cold here). Great eagle!

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

An amazing photo of the eagle flying. Looks like you were having a wonderful time out of doors.

-Soma

Olga said...

I have been so glad to be seeing eagles making presence known.

Christine said...

nice to see the eagle in flight.

William Kendall said...

Lucky you, seeing the eagle!