Friday 28 February 2020

Stormy day

It was a lovely storm Feb. 26/27th!
 Lots of wind, and it was hovering around zero.

I knew it was getting colder, so I went out to shovel the back deck, and I'm glad I did. It had been warmer, so the snow changed over to slush.

I knew I had to get going on it before the temperatures fell. At that point, the slush freezes in the auger, and it is game over.

The snow blower managed most of it. I cleverly emptied the auger of the slush with a tool.


It's back below zero and it's not going anywhere. 


Our poor, droopy white pines.

 

My camera fogged up indoors. I thought this a lovely photo, though.



The wind howls across the roof out the kitchen window. Our friends went back into the forest.

7 comments:

Karen said...

That was a doozie!!

Tom said...

...and it's a mess back home in New York too.

DUTA said...

I like the picture with the cat. She's got an almost intelligent look in her eyes.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Love pretty but very cold. We only had a few flurries today. Love the shot of the turkeys and your kitty. Enjoy your day, wishing you a great weekend!

Nancy J said...

Snow roof on the bird feeder, and a fogged up lens, shows how cold it was out there.

Anvilcloud said...

Your foggy lens yielded a nice result.

William Kendall said...

You got a good amount of the snow.