Saturday 1 February 2020

🐱Kitten report Tuesday antics 🐯

Annabelle cat, AKA Queen B,  is being boarded, but Feb. 3rd she is going to a new home for a trial period. We'll hope she behaves. Everyone is breathing more deeply. JB is still coughing as he breathes, but he is breathing! We are trying to be kind to all the rest of us.

Tuesday morning

The kittens are doing rather well. They are relaxing. Funny story. JB went out to the library in the morning. I looked and looked for Nutmeggie, and couldn't find her. I vacuumed in the bedroom, hoping she was under the bed, but she didn't come out.

I arrived home after 16:00 hours, and asked about Meggie. JB says she turned up around 13:00 hours, on the back porch. OUTSIDE! We assume she went out when one of us were on the back deck. What a hoot. They usually sleep late morning, after breakfast and a playtime. (See below!) She must have found a spot to sleep all that time.

Having left and returned, I spent my 3 hours with my respite client (13:00 – 16:00 hours). I've loaned her my large clock from the auction, which looks rather nice on her wall! She was concerned about the time. I don't wear a watch, so it helps me, too. Both clocks were a total of $5, plus 10% buyer's tax and 13% HST. It's still a deal!

Wednesday morning playtime

The red squirrel figured it out.

This is the prime location, where sleeping and bird and squirrel watching occurs.  It's cozy on top of my gramma's handmade quilt. She didn't have a sewing machine.



Meggie doesn't like having her photo taken.



No, young lady, it's -10 C. and you are NOT going out!



Cinnamon has a fondness for 'snake,' dragging it in and out of the room three times. Snake is a metre of fake fur, attached to a plastic stick, with some feathers on the end. This is the 2nd time he did this. I picked up the camera.



The 3rd time I grabbed the videocamera.



Clip0 from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

For more critters: 

Saturday's Critters #320

16 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

The kittens are cute. I hope all goes well with Annabelle. Cute photos and video. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend! PS, thank you for the visit and comment today.

Hootin Anni said...

Annabelle will behave, I'm sure. Sweet kitties & video. But the squirrel steals the show for me today.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
... as long as he doesn't think he can play with any real snake he encounters in the future! They really are a handsome pair. YAM xx

David M. Gascoigne, said...

One of the greatest oxymorons of all time - a squirrel-proof bird feeder!

Tom said...

...with -10C I'd be happy to stay indoors! Stay warm.

Karen said...

I need to make my cats a snake. They love the little fabric mice, but they always end up under the furniture.
Gosh I hope it all works out for Annie.

Karen said...

Oh, I forgot to mention, I have got my "cold" under control by banning the cat from the bed. I stripped the bedding and put up a baby gate. That night, I slept well with no symptoms and no cough syrup needed. Night two (last night) also went well.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

They would turn right around once their paws hit the cold! lol Very cute to watch and play with! Enjoy!

Anvilcloud said...

I guess Cinnamon won’t be spooked by zucchini. 😀

RedPat said...

They are so cute!

DUTA said...

Cats can be quite funny. I like the video with the two cats and a "snake".

Out To Pasture said...

I could watch your kittens play for hours! Who needs TV when you've got live theatre?!

Christine said...

Hope Annabelle behaves and settles in.

Angie said...

Jenn - oh, this is what I miss about kittens - so playful! And I loved hearing your laughter in the backgound!

Crafty Green Poet said...

adorable photos of the kittens!

William Kendall said...

Give a squirrel enough time and they'll sort their way through any supposed squirrel proof item.