Saturday 26 January 2019

If you feed them, they will come

Deep sigh. Still no phone. It's been out since they sliced through a cable Tuesday afternoon. Thankfully, we use a different company for Internet and TV!

 Thursday afternoon, having negotiated hubby's cell phone (fat thumbs), and misdialing, twice, I made contact with Daisy's new mummy. I broke down, talking to her. She sounds like a good person. That's all anyone could want for an animal one needs to rehome.

I've never rehomed a cat. We had a kitten, once, a Manx, with no tail. She kept jumping the fence and hanging around the neighbour's bird feeder in the city. We gave her back to the shelter. That was different.

Daisy likes to pray when she plays. We're sending her with this toy, her bed, and


 Anyway, I went walkies with Hooper, except he pooched out on me. He climbed a tree, pretending to be a bird. A blue jay landed above him, and laughed.


 After having 21 deer, the big buck has been play fighting in the yard, and letting me photograph him. I know there are settings for navigating a dark brown deer on white snow, but my patience is gone, and I'm stressed.
He was looking up at me, I was on the deck. Hr was quite calm, so he's a frequent visitor. I'm hoping he will leave me an antler, but I'm not optimistic.


This doe and yearling weren't phased by him. I'm wondering if this is the doe he bedded in December.   [Our big buck! who was mating with a doe in December. ]If so, she's probably pregnant.


I'm thinking this buck is one we named Jake, last year. [Breakfast and bucks– Jan. 17, 2018] If you compare the tines, they look similar. They grow the same shapes every year.


For more critters, visit Eileen's page.
Saturday's Critters #267

11 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I think Daisy may be happy in her new home. Love the photos of the deer in your yard. They are beautiful critters. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
what a poser he is! "I'm handsome and I know it!" Glad you got to talk with 'new mummy' of Daisy. Seeing these photos of D 'at prayer', it is hard to think of the havoc she has caused... YAM xx

Nancy J said...

A new home for Daisy where she doesn't have to fight to be "Top Cat" will be the best, and to be able to talk to her new Mum, and tell us your thoughts,all will turn out fine. Yes to rehome is so hard, but far better than abandoning her, or having fighting. The deer, I truly cannot imagine having them in my backyard. So wonderful. keep on feeding them.

DUTA said...

New place, new luck. Hopefully, Daisy will calm down and live happily, but let others live as well.

William Kendall said...

I wonder when the buck's antlers will drop.

Christine said...

Best wishes for Daisy, hope she does well.

Anvilcloud said...

Snow is tough. You generally need to overexpose some anyway.

And dark on snow is even tougher. You might have to chose to overexpose more and put up with snow that is too bright. It's a juggling act.

I am not really one to give advice as I don't think I master this very well. I like editing in post, so this can help. Sometimes. :)

Red said...

For some unknown reason to me , antlers are very hard to find. I hope you find one with all the visitors you have.

Anu said...

Hello. Beautiful buck and cute cat. Thank you.

Christine said...

Can I paint that first deer photo, love it.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

The jay landing on Hoopers head made me smile ... and brought memories. We used to have Sam, a Siamese who wasn’t too bright. Our Scrub Jays would watch him sneaking up toward the branch they were sitting on, then fly down, land on his head, laugh and fly away. It was kind of mean of us to watch from our deck and laugh at him too...he never learned that they were smarter than he was and they could fly! (This was all in our previous life in Oregon, many moons ago).