Tuesday 29 January 2019

Front feeder and forest owl

Front yard tails

The deer was poking around under the bird feeder when the turkeys moved in. She was quite ticked off, givig them a look! 




In the meantime, I managed to make a little bit of Valentine's Day cheer. All my crafty blog buddies inspire me. I knew I could figure it out. I did some research. I put a wine bottle inside, upside down, held by a long twist tie.
Then, glue premade hearts, glued onto some sticks.

It's been bitterly cold and will be this week. We're using up our wood.  I ought to order some more, once we pay the bill for the plumbing issues!  [SUNDAY, 20 JANUARY 2019 The toilet issue, the $530 invoice arrived Monday!].


That done, feeders refilled, I heard the blue jays bothering the owl. I knew what it was! I walked down. Success!

Barred owl from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

After I moved onto the scene, the jays were quiet.

9 comments:

coffeeontheporchwithme said...

Beautiful owl! It looks all fluffed up in the last picture, insulating from the cold. -Jenn

Anvilcloud said...

We are definitely having winter lately. I see that we (Ottawa) have set a January record for snow. I am surprised that the buses are running today. They must feel some pressure after 4 cancellatios last week.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
Howdy from Edinburgh - just showed the father your deer and he is mighty impressed! I drove over in snow showers. pshaw! Paltry patterings of pathetic flakes... YAM xx

Linda said...

Cold, cold, cold here with lots of snow. A great time for crafting, your Valentine decoration is cheery.

Red said...

Everything has to keep moving during these punishing cold spells.

Karen said...

Our wood is going down at an alarming rate too. We're going to have to get busy cutting this spring because it doesn't look like there is going to be any left over to start the next burning season. We have a new electric furnace, but it isn't hooked into the power supply yet. I sure hope we don't have to rely on that to keep us warm in March.

William Kendall said...

A lot of fluff on that owl!

Christine said...

stay warm, just braved going to the mailbox.

Jeanna said...

Incredible turkey shots, they look more interesting than the hordes of plain brown ones roaming around here. We noticed a few weeks ago that they haven't been around. I bet that doe was miffed. Stay warm, I love the cornucopia of valentines.