Wednesday 23 January 2019

After the storm,

We had to brush off the wood pile. The blowing snow. [A big snow storm!]


I went to visit my client for 3 hours. She had her wood stove on, and told me they were expecting to have the power off from 1 to 3. It was 1:25 until 3:23. They were right on. What I didn't know is that it was a larger planned outage, that affected our house. We had no idea. We didn't get any information.
When I arrived home, poor hubby had had to go to the shed, fetch kindling, and start a fire.
Then, later, I was going to phone the woman who will likely take Daisy, and found the phone is dead. It is agony. Thank goodness for my anxiety meds. It'll be for the best.


Sadly, we have another system on its way. While it is warmer, from -29 ˚  C. yesterday morning, to above 0 ˚ today. It's supposed to be freezing rain. sigh. I'll keep you posted! I'm hoping for snow...

It's so pretty!


Mourning dove in the birdbath. It's cracked, again. I'll have to do a repair job in spring.


The sun was amazing on the new-fallen snow. This is sunset, it was lovely when the sun came out.


Meantime, the deer began to visit the bird feeder.


The trailcam had some pretty colours. No critters! Check the temperature! Hundreds of photos. It was a bit foolish, except the colours off the snow were lovely.
Sunshine from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

11 comments:

Olga said...

The weather updates I get from VT are something. My daughter is right in the heavy band too. Maybe she will finally come visit me in Florida?

Karen said...

Just waiting to get plowed out. This winter seems to be going on forever. We've had snow since October. And that sweet Labrador and Newfoundland tourism ad is taunting us with the Crayon Song....

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
So good to hear you have found a potential home for Daisy. Sending wishes for a positive outcome of that. As for the snow... we have been white here for three days now but nothing like to the depths you have! We were -5'C this morning - nothing like yours but for coastal parts, that's quite exceptional and plenty cold enough for me! YAM xx

Linda said...

We are getting the snow today, quite a bit. It should change over to rain as the temps rise. Third day in a row for bus cancellations and another stay home day for us.

Christine said...

did a lot of shovelling this morning at least it wasn't too cold.

Anvilcloud said...

Third consecutive school snow day. I wonder about tomorrow.

DUTA said...

There's a certain beauty about trees, roofs, and ground covered by snow. We don't have this kind of white beauty in my country, neither do we have the freezing temperatures.
I suppose we all pay some price in life. Canada doesn't have our wars, and enjoys one of the best quality of life in the world.

Red said...

Snow is a nuisance and then throw in power and phone and it's a big problem.

DeniseinVA said...

It certainly looks pretty but when it starts messing with the power, oh dear. Your header shot is fabulous Jenn. A magnificent deer!

William Kendall said...

The snow hit in the city too.

Lowcarb team member said...

I always think snow can look so pretty, until it starts having a detrimental affect on everyday living!

All the best Jan