Wednesday 12 September 2018

September sights and animal tails

The last of my hibiscus.


I managed laundry, after two tries. I thought hubby had taken his out of the washing machine. I didn't even look. Coming upstairs, he said thank for putting his laundry in the dryer. Smacking my head, I realized I had a double load. I had to re-rinse his, and restart mine. Yes, you may giggle!


Annabelle and I went down to fetch the trailcam SD cards. She was enthusiastic.

JB called me to the back window. There was a buck. Daisy was sitting under the tree, unconcerned.  Four raccoons, and a buck on the trailcams.


Then, in the back 400, evidence of a guest. I haven't seen Junior Bear since July!



Feeder action





The frog pond is all grown over with water parsnip and other foliage.


The sparrows were finding bugs, still on the frog pond.

10 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

I might scat seeing that scat. (Trying hard here :) )

Karen said...

Love seeing the natural inhabitants of your back 40!

Powell River Books said...

We are getting lots of rain, but the temperatures are still warm and there isn't much wind (that makes travel on the lake much easier). We have lots of town activities planned for the next two weeks so will be back and forth quite a bit. I haven't had the trail cam out yet this year. We've kept our gangplank to shore pushed out so the little critters haven't been crossing to the cabin deck to eat my crops. They are making a mess of the potatoes on the transition float, but it's time to dig them up anyway. - Margy

Nancy J said...

The Hibiscus, does it freeze and die right down in the winter? Beautiful colour, and all is looking good in your garden.

Christine said...

Oops bear's back!

Romance Book Haven said...

Thanks for sharing your backyard. Looks amazing!

William Kendall said...

Annabelle is quite a sprinter!

Lowcarb team member said...

The Hibiscus is such a beautiful colour isn't it.
I always enjoy seeing your natural inhabitants, they are so different to mine … fascinating.

All the best Jan

Kay said...

Having a bear in my backyard would totally freak me out. Please stay safe.

Angie said...

We are seeing bear scat too, but not the real deal. We harvested the rest of our apples today, just in case!