Wednesday 19 September 2018

Saturday drive and Cyclosportive Perth

Saturday, after Saturday lunch, we kept on driving south. Gardens are at their best, drought aside.


I had JB turn around to take a better photo. The next 4 photos are all this property.


Then, there were the clouds. These are the remnants of Hurricane Florence.

She spun counter-clockwise, and flipped off some clouds as she advanced up the continent. Still no rain.


Eloida Lake Boat Ramp

We stopped at a boat launch, I wanted to dip my toes in the water. Sadly, there was a tailgate party. (Totally illegal, BTW.) The truck was parked right in the water. Their dog ran up to us and shook its coat! They asked if we were launching a boat, and if they had to move their truck. We said no!



On the road again. Nice shack.


Can you tell that there is an election on Oct. 22nd?


My traditional post photo.


Forfar Cheese Factory



We were keen to explore the North Shore Rd. I was disappointed that there was big signage saying it was a private road. I am dubious.


Cyclosportive Perth – A friendly fall cycling event

There was a bike run on Saturday. It was a big one. They put marks on the road. I am happy that our local roads now have a wide, paved shoulder. It's much easier to navigate our way around them.
I saw a few people who were lost, despite the marks! You are supposed to download the route to your gps.
There were 154 riders, according to the blog post. The routes listed on the webpage have disappeared, but there were routes from Perth to Westport, 100km and 175 km.



I love this sign. The doe and fawn are happy to wander onto the road.


Home and safe.

9 comments:

Karen said...

Love the carousel. Someone in that household is rather nostalgic, and imaginative, aren't they?
Now I'm craving some Forfar Cheese. I see a trip to Bulk Barn (the only place that sells it in our area) later today.

Anvilcloud said...

I wish they had paved the shoulders of 29 for bikes. There are signs saying bike friendly, but it's not.

Powell River Books said...

Interesting way to repurpose an old tree. I bet the kids love their merry-go-round with the horses. I know I would have. - Margy

Nancy J said...

Hmmm, the shack,I wonder who does the manicured lawns, the windows, and the lights on the post by the front? I so enjoy your drives, and feel I am there too.

William Kendall said...

Quite an unorthodox carousel!

Sarah Laurence said...

What a lovely adventure! The old fashion carousel is fun.

Hootin Anni said...

You took us on a great road trip! I have a great time going along!

Christine said...

Thanks for sharing this lovely drive!

Kay said...

These are all gorgeous photos, Jenn, but I really love your header photo. Wow!