Friday 21 September 2018

Monday and Friday walkies

Daisy and I went walkies. We found a red eft under a rock. I'm not quite sure why I chose to turn this rock over. The one beside it had the baby watersnake.


Then, there was a baby water snake under another rock. I'll bet there is a hibernarium for snakes nearby.


I had to touch it, I needed it to move as I didn't want to smuck it when I replaced the rock.


It's so peaceful here. Daisy loves trees. She chose to stretch out on this tree and have a quick bath. I suggested we keep on going!



Yesterday (Thursday), JB was out doing Meals on Wheels, when Hooper and Annabelle came walkies. They were so much fun. I put Hooper up on this branch. It's an amazing cedar, very old.



Hooper climbed this tree. A good thing. There are lots of predators in the forest. I cannot meditate, but I love my forest bathing. It is so relaxing.
Can you see him in the tree?!


The ivy (Virginia creeper) is prolific, and has begun to die, a sign of fall. It's so dry.


The frog pond is full of wetland grasses. It's growing up between the dock slats.


Their antics are fun. Hooper, a gangly teenager, and Annabelle, a five-year-old lady. She is playing more, with him around. JB calls them the 'two amigos.' They had a great play in the forest.

13 comments:

Out To Pasture said...

Once again, Jennifer, thank you for taking us along on your walkies. Quality time indeed!

Anvilcloud said...

How fun for you. Not everyone gets to go walkies with kitties.

RedPat said...

I'm amazed that the cats go for walks with you!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
forest bathing is the best! YAM xx

Christine said...

I wouldn't touch a snake, you are brave, eps.

Olga said...

Always good to have a companion on a walk in the woods.

Nancy J said...

I like to walk among our trees too, and with Annabelle and Hooper, what fun right there for you all. It all looks like very friendly fun together, Boris and Felicity, that would never happen. He is the warrior, ready to pounce and attack fiercely, and Felicity just wants peace.

Linda said...

Enjoy your walkies while you can, the chilly weather will be here soon.

William Kendall said...

The cats are very good company for walks.

Powell River Books said...

Did you do it for International Rock Flipping Day? That was the second Sunday in September. I forgot again this year. http://rockflipping.org/ - Margy

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Walking, especially in a quiet beautiful forest, can be meditation Jenn. Really, I have a little book by a Buddhist Monk, whose name I forget at the moment, all about this form of meditating. It works for me (sometimes). Your kitties have so much fun.

Red said...

Yes, I could sit quietly in your forest and watch everything go by.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I am sure your cats enjoy the walks with you. I have never heard of a red eft? Neat sighting of the water snake. Thanks for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend. PS, thank you for the comment and visit to my blog!