Friday 4 October 2024

Thanksgiving approaches!

 I don't really feature my chair much. It's called the Hand of God. Well, that's what I call it. TZ had a question. I did not carve it!

We used to drive by it in Port Carling when caring for my late father in 2006-2007. After he died, I bought it.  It was their signature piece. It is carved from a teak tree piece. There is only a small cross piece that is attached.


A year ago, I stained it with Australian Timber Oil. It looks terrific.

Things are getting chilly. The leaves simply aren't as terrific this year. 




I harvested another zucchini, while Cinnamon supervised. I think that makes 4! This is where I plan to put my plant next year. Non-mental note!

The shed looks sweet in the greens. Soon all this foliage will be done.

Cinnamon had a big day. He rested beside his toys. 

Someone brought me home some flowers from the market. 

🦃 We are preparing for Thanksgiving. In Canada it is next weekend, however, JL is traveling to the US for a conference. Last time he did that he brought COVID back with him. We are going to play it safe. There is a buzz in the house, as we do our preparations. 

I sent Grampa in to find a turkey and cranberries. He was successful, although it took several shopping trips. Things are selling out, it appears. 

We have two bar fridges (blame the previous homeowners!), and it just fits. There will be leftovers! Yippee. 


No comments: