Wednesday 23 October 2024

Crumbly Acres Tails

 We had such a sunny Monday. The snakes are finding their winter shelters, called hibernaculum. Lots of critters hibernate. Right now, hibernators hang out within 100m of their shelter settling in once the real cold begins. This includes bears and porcupines.





The cottontail has been around, looking for the bird feeder I think.



It was unusual to see it during the day!

 


I tried the panoramic setting on the phone. The frog pond looks quiet, with leaves on top of the weeds.




My VISA was compromised last week. I finally got a new one and proceeded to update all my automatic payments. Using the list of things to change from when this happened before (6 months ago), I sat out in the back in the warmth, with the lady beetles buzzing around. 

It is lady beetle season. They are looking for a place to hole up during winter. They are everywhere around the doors, in the sunshine. I open the front door and they fall off and around me. 


This is their life cycle. All done for the year.





No comments: