Tuesday 15 October 2024

Forest walkies

Cinnamon was out exploring. I asked if he wanted 'walkies' and he did. We went to the back 40. This is a photo of me standing in the Aspen grove, June 2020. You can see the house in the background.


After being stripped of leaves, the Woolly Moth caterpillars didn't do them much harm. The deer have trimmed these for years!

Can you see how much they have grown?!



Along we went. Cinnamon headed to the wetland, I veered left. Hopeful anticipation that maybe the Barred Owl was there. She was! She kept her eyes on Cinnamon. I approached and Cinnamon ran over to me. It didn't like that. Off she went.

🦉Barred Owl

The lighting is awful, with her backlit. Fortunately, I have other Barred Owl photos. The key to finding them is looking for the white mute under the tree. No owl pellets this time.


They seem to like their regular perches. This ought to be the Barred Owl Tree, since many owls have sat here.


One year they were nesting back here. This is their call, 'who-cooks-for-you?'  – June, 2016
 


Checking the wood duck nest box, I think something has been scratching at it.




A dust bath, and back we went to the house. 

No comments: