Monday 21 October 2024

An adventure

 Last week, I was supposed to visit a new client. Joe still can't shop, with his back, so I did an online pickup order. Off I went. No problem. When I arrived home, I left the car out on the driveway in the sun shine. Our driveway is 100m long, and I left my purse in the car, ready to leave for 2:45.

Out I went to start it for my volunteer work. The car was totally dead. We hadn't driven anywhere for a week. What with Joe's back, and all. I hadn't thought anything about it! Not only that, but I'd left the keys in the ignition. Rookie move.

I thought that the lights would automatically go out. They do not if the keys are in the ignition, methinks. 

I quick call to CAA and I patiently waited outside. It was sunny and beautiful, thankfully.



There was lots of action!
 

Dave came with his portable recharger. He suggested I keep it running for 30 - 45 minutes.  


Rather than letting it sit there idling, we decided on a drive to Smiths Falls. 
They are still harvesting pumpkins in Lombardy!




Smiths Falls is an interesting town.


Dinner was great. It was early, and it was quiet. And I had leftovers! 


Look who I found across the street from the plaza! Our rescuers. Happily the car started after dinner.

In the fields, a huge flock of Canada Geese.

I did an edit, as the power lines were marring the skies. 


The pumpkins arrived at the stand.



The car started the next day, no problem.

No comments: