Sunday 6 October 2024

We had a mission...

We were heading out for dinner, while the school busses were bringing the kiddies home from school. Such a familiar sight!


An early dinner, when things are quiet. 

I was a bit surprised to see these machines! You can read the menu, pay your bill, we just relied on our server! 


As we went to dinner, I saw people working in the fields harvesting pumpkins. On the way home, there they were, bringing the pumpkins to the farm!

This is where we were headed. Miller's Bay Farm. On the way home, we stopped for Thanksgiving pumpkins. 

There was pressure, as the kids were coming.  I thought Peter ought to be following the brief: it is Autumn! 
Peter put all his eggs in one basket. I thought I could better than that! Gourds from the farm.



I'm still watering my cherry tomato plant and the hanging basket of petunias, but they won't last too much longer. 

I decorated a pie pumpkin with turkey, barred owl, and blue jay feathers. We were in Ottawa last year for Thanksgiving. This year the kids were coming here from Ottawa.
 

This morning it is a chilly one. Only 3 ℃ we'll bundle up.

No comments: