Tuesday 7 February 2023

Sunny day, finally!

We had a lovely, cool day. Today should be a nice one. I noticed more work they'd done on the telephone wires.


They left something there. It looks like a thing that connects the two wires. I wonder if it will disappear today?! 

With Valentine's Day coming up, I'm noticing interesting ads. At least it isn't Mother's Day, where they offer the most bizarre things to gift my mother, who has long since passed. Reolink is the company that makes my security camera. Apparently, love means getting your loved one security. You just have to shake your head!

I did finish off a sketch while we were watching a new-to-us show. We tried Seekers (1993) which was pretty dated with obvious gender bias and it was jarring. Our new choice was Traces (BBC, 2020) and it is a cold case mystery that intrigued us. It was scientific, involves women as scientists, and very different from Hollywood murder mysteries. Cinnamon enjoyed it on my lap!

My latest masterpiece! I was inspired by a colouring page offered by the Turtle Foundation. Funny thing was, I was madly looking for one of my kiddy sketch books upon which I rely. As I tried to find it I ended up clearing out some old picture books the grandies won't read again. I cleared out and rearranged a shelf. 

 Today is the day. Annual checkups and booster shots for cats. Yes, Cinnamon is on the chubby side, but he is a happy lad, and leaves the birds alone. We'll see you on the other side! 




12 comments:

Tom said...

...enjoy the sun while you can.

Anvilcloud said...

So cute of the cats together. I am pretty sure that we have watched Traces. I can't remember it except to say I think I liked it.

Kenneth Cole Schneider said...

A diamond-encrusted camera isn't such a bad idea. Really shows you care.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Love your artwork - and good luck to the kitties! YAM xx

RedPat said...

Good luck to the cats.

Barbara Rogers said...

Check ups mean a vet, I imagine. Do you tote your furbabies to the office? I know mine never liked those carriers. Nor being toted anywhere.

Divers and Sundry said...

Lovely blue sky. Here, too, though rain is predicted for tomorrow.

Happy cats :)

William Kendall said...

Those cats know how to relax.

Gill - That British Woman said...

oh to be a cat, just sleeping all day! It was nice to see the sun today.

DUTA said...

Great! A sunny day for a change. It sounds and looks good.
Your sketch is lovely! Keep these sketches coming!

Patio Postcards said...

If Traces is on Brit Box I'll give it a go. The kitties looks so adorable all cuddled together.

We got an email flyer from Shopper's Drug Mart & oh my what they were advertising as the perfect gift for Valentine's Day, a "personal aid to her pleasure", shocked me right out of my seat ...

Olga said...

Your cats are way more well behaved than my cat ever was at the vet's.