Wednesday 22 February 2023

Feb. 22 kindness & Pink Shirt Day

💖 For Valentine's Day I sent t-shirts to the kids, from Indigenous Marketing. I ordered one for me, as well, as my t-shirts are getting old, as am I! Feb. 22nd is kindness day. This is the day Canada shows that we stand up to bullies. 


On February 22, 2023, Canadians will wear pink shirts to show their support for safe and inclusive schools, workplaces, and communities. These Indigenous pink shirts have a new designer each year. They tend to be high school kids who design them. This year's designer is in gr. 12, and 17 years old. She lives in Tofino.  

8 comments:

William Kendall said...

A worthwhile initiative.

Nancy J said...

A hugely talented young lady, And what a story about the school, the bullies, and the pink shirts. A very astute and thoughtful teacher. Waiting to see you in yours.

RedPat said...

What a great design.

Cloudia said...

God bless Canada, kindness, and your family. Jenn

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Oh Jenn, this is SUCH an uplifting post. Bless you for buying the shirts and bless you for sharing this story.

You might want to read how Ottawa was saved in my today's post.

Jeanie said...

That's just super cool.

River said...

I love this pink shirt idea. What a great result and a good way to make the bullied child feel better.

Divers and Sundry said...

I'm not familiar with Pink Shirt Day. Cool!