Wednesday 13 February 2019

Snowmageddon!!!!

They warned us! Snowstorms in Canada's three largest cities (Vancouver, Toronto, Montreal), as well as all of south east Ontario. It's now headed to the maritimes.



Tuesday

This was the driveway prior to the snow. I've cleared the ice off the part behind the garage, where I am standing here, but the rest of it... ICE.


I went to my client's house for a couple of hours, but the snow and the wind began. I hightailed it home.


When I arrived home, Bambi looked sad!


The American sparrows were filling up. It gave a look to the chickadee.


It hit Toronto, on its way here.
This is how they plow the major highways. This from City of Toronto, on a 400-series highway.

Wed., Feb. 13

Flights have been cancelled. Many places are closed. In Ottawa, public schools and universities are closed. Crews are frantically clearing snow. Poor Josee had a two-day field trip to an outdoor science school. Her Papa was volunteering, too. (I did a two-week student teaching placement there in 1981!)
Our township office is closed. We'll see how long it takes the birds to clear off the feeders.


We're going to clear out the snow after coffee and breakfast. I don't know how much we have. It looks far better in the sun. The turkeys have hunkered down. There is a bit of a wind, too.


Hungry deer from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

Here is our metre stick! About 53 cm snowcover.


Daisy May is settled into her new home. Her new mom sent a wonderful photo of her sleeping on a plant warming tray, beside an amaryllis. My precious little buddy for 6 years, has a new chapter in her life.

9 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

It's maybe not quite as much as we had feared, and our driveway has been cleared once already.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Synchronised snow-shifting. Love it. Daisy May looks perfectly at home beside the.... amaryllis, maybe? Definitely not an azalea. YAM xx

Gaelyn said...

Your photos remind me why I winter in AZ. Though very pretty to look at. The dusting here is gone. Daisy May looks happy.

William Kendall said...

Daisy looks comfortable.

The snow started in the city around four thirty. It kept up through the night and gave us a good amount of snow. I know the campuses closed up yesterday afternoon for a 24 hour period, and the city libraries had a notice that they would open late today.

Nancy J said...

Daisy, you look so comfy and settled there, Jenn, how caring to send that lovely photo, so reassuring that your decision was so right. Snow, I like the line of snow ploughs!!! Things we would never see down here, maybe one at a time on the southern highways. Take care.XXX

Christine said...

how lovely you got a photo of Daisy! Stay warm, I think of shovelling as good exercise for now, had to do a lot of that this morning.

RedPat said...

You have so much snow! We got a lot of freezing rain so not as much snow as they had forecasted.
I went looking for the wild turkey here but didn't find her yet!

Karen said...

Daisy May looks quite happy to be an only child.
One time I was visiting my daughter in Toronto we watched the snowplows coming down the 401 in tandem. At night it is quite a spectacle.

Red said...

Complaining about the weather is a favorite pass time but it doesn't do any good.