Tuesday 19 February 2019

Winter solstice, crows and coyotes, exercise

Check the clouds on the horizon, I watched them creep up over the horizon. This morning it is frigid, so it is comforting to look at the sunshine. Better still to feel it. It's so much warmer these days. (Yes, my camera needs cleaning!)



Sadly, it's pretty cold this morning, and there is a storm on the way. Yippee! 😁


Hubby went into town. They were tearing down a building, he told me about it, and I figured out which one. Hooray for technology: our dashcam and Google.

Trailcam photos

I put it beside one of their trails. 


This one seemed to laugh. Then look both ways.


Kisses...


Then, the backyard.


I haven't seen the coyotes in a bit, not since they treed the turkeys. [Who goes there?] At Christmas we were to bring home a turkey leg to put in front of the trailcam. We kept forgetting it. Caitlin brought it and I put it out in the snow.

Crows from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

The coyote looks pretty rough, and it missed the turkey leg.
Coyote from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

Caitlin and her friend went to a dance workout. It looks like fun. A RTA student filmed it, a a project. Such fun! I told them about the year I took jazz dancing through night school classes. It was fun. It was before she was born, more than 40 years ago. I'm too creaky now. I spent yesterday rehanging an owl nesting box, wait'll you read about that!
 

7 comments:

Latane Barton said...

Oh, how cold that looks. Great pictures, though.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
oh... those dear deer selfies... &*> YAM xx

DUTA said...

The dance work out - a delight to the eye, and great esxercise for the participating girls! It's good for everyone regardless of age and shape.

Anvilcloud said...

It's very cold but still nice out if you know what I mean.

Nancy J said...

Yep, you will get it , and then it zoomed over to the south, and somehow will make its way north to us, not as cold however, but snow in the far south is forecast.One year there was snow on the ski fields on 1st March, not enough to ski, but a good fall. Those crows, the turkey leg should have been their first priority I would have thought.

Red said...

Your coyote looks like it has mange.

William Kendall said...

The deer are quite a sight to see with the trailcam.