Saturday 16 February 2019

Hooper walkies

I went out to fetch the trailcam cards. Hooper came along. He loves climbing the trees. It is good exercise, as well as a good practice, what with the coyotes about.


You can see him under the tree house, which is filled with wood and snow).


You can see the depth of the snow. The deer and turkey follow the same path. It saves energy to do so.


Hooper first followed me, then branched off. He could hear and see the turkeys in the forest. He was intrigued.


Up he went. Straight ahead was where the turkeys were hunkering down in the snow. They moved off.


It wasn't a good climbing tree. I leaned my hand on it, and he climbed down onto my shoulder.


I found deer beds, there were quite a few in the forest.

Circling round, he seemed to give up and headed back, I kept on going.


He kept calling me, I told him he could go home. He chose to follow me (see the video). When he arrived, I picked him up and he began purring. Then shivering. I carried him part way up the hill and he jumped down and roaring up!


This was his mission: he was aiming to check out the turkeys. He gave up and followed the path.

HOOPER WALKIES from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.
More critters:

Saturday's Critters #270

12 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello Jen,

Cute captures of your kitty. I have seen a lot of deer tracks in our yard, they may come and eat left over bird seed on the ground. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your day! Have a happy weekend! PS, thanks for the comment on my blog.

Olga said...

Nice reminder that it is still winter. I know Florida winter is over because the pollen seems as deep as snow.
AhCHooo!

Yamini MacLean said...

hari OM
Quite the workout!!! YAM xx

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I guess he had 'cabin fever' as we always called it! A beautiful scene with the sunshine streaming down! Enjoy your weekend sweet friend!

Nancy J said...

That was hard going for Hooper, what a fun video, no wonder he was shivering. I cannot imagine our Felicity there, her little short legs would have vanished in the deep snow so fast. Boris, on the other hand, would revel in the fun and race off. Hugs to you allXXX

William Kendall said...

The turkeys, of course, are too big for Hooper!

RedPat said...

What a sweet cat!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Fun following Hooper on his walk. He got his winter exercise! And so did you (and I feel lazy in comparison to both of you.)

Sue (this n that) said...

Lovely photos Jenn. Hooper is a real adventurous cat!
I didn't realise about the tree climbing as a necessity for safety from coyotes... of course!

Anvilcloud said...

We got a middle-age cat from LAWS yesterday. She looks a lot like Hooper. She will have to be an indoor cat because of where we live and because she is declawed.

Jenn Jilks said...

Can't wait to see the cat, AC!
I want to bring them home everytime I see one in the media, but we have to keep stasis now. Both are getting along, and things are settling out.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

What a treat to see your kittie out on the snowy trails. I didn't know cats would do that...willingly I mean. Have just the lone turkey that trots through our yard every blue moon. Daughter has up to 27 at a time in her area so maybe they are banding together. Your trails look just like ours and we too are following closely found footsteps. But we are getting February done!