Friday 22 February 2019

PPF: Barbapapas

I began using my oil paint markers. I didn't have the image for reference, and my sketching skills aren't all that great. Back home,  I scanned it and thought about using Graphic Converter, see the eye balls. I gave up!

Googling cartoon 'eyes' I did those using my sharpies, then, I added some punched out hearts.  This is a photo, I took with my new smartphone!


This was my inspiration... Someone tweeted this, as a fond reminder. 
Barbapapa is a 1970 children's picture book by the French-American couple Annette Tison and Talus Taylor, who lived in Paris, France. Barbapapa is both the title character and the name of his "species".  Barbe à papa  – literally "Daddy's beard" – is French for  cotton candy or candy floss.
The authors overheard a child asking for cotton candy, and this inspired the book. ( Wikipedia)
They have the videos online, inspired by the book. These were simpler times!!!!



For some real art: Paint Party Friday: Week 51, Year 8 . These artists inspire me.
PPF

17 comments:

sirkkis said...

Fun, joyful and colorful drawing.
Happy PPF xx

Olga said...

This gave me a morning smile.

Christine said...

Jenn this is such a cheerful creative piece, all you! I need references to work with.

Valerie-Jael said...

My daughter loved Babapapa when she was a kid, thanks for the reminder. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

JFM said...

I do not know of the book but these are so pretty and colorful.I know that children would be attracted by the happy faces~

Happy PPF

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
I love the bold brightness of these colours!!! YAM xx

Karen said...

my kids loved that cartoon.

Linda Kunsman said...

what a cute, fun illustration! i had never heard of this story so thanks for sharing. Happy PPF!

Susan said...

Thanks for your visit to my site. If you were to go waaaaaaay back you would find that it all started for me with doodling and Zentangle. And when my brain is fried, that is still what I do. Your journal page is delightful! Great color and facial expressions. Have fun and Happy PPF

carol l mckenna said...

fun, colorful and creative! ^_^

Happy Day to you,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

William Kendall said...

I vaguely remember it.

Sue (this n that) said...

Dear Jenn, I totally love your art - it's fun, quirky and colourful. It's always great to be inspired and then to fly with it, which is what you've done. Thanks so much for sharing. Happy PPF! :D) xx

NatureFootstep said...

great stuff that made me smile. I guess it was fun to create :)

John said...

These are cute. I remember those stories. Used to love them.

Beth Niquette said...

The use of colors and those sweet silly faces made me laugh this morning! Thank you! Heehee

DVArtist said...

Very fun art. I love the little creatures and the colors.

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

They are so cute and colourful!! Made me smile :)

-Soma