Wednesday 27 February 2019

Winter...it builds character

I'll just leave this here...


🚓ONTARIO ROADS 🚗 are a mess.

The driveway is coming along. The warm sun melts the ice around the asphalt. The ice on the driveway is several inches thick. I've been bashing away at it with the chopper.


The birds, the 10 red squirrels and one black squirrel have been enjoying the freshly cleaned birdbath. I did that in our thaw.


He sits and watches for the blue jay bullies.


My wood is frozen to the ground, with the melt. The big logs were too big to fit into the fireplace, but I'm not sure I could split them in the log splitter.


Down in the forest, the fisher or pine marten trips about.
predator from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

wild turkeys 1 from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

I love how it herds the turkeys.
Wild turkeys from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

11 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

It is time to stop building character, I say.

Karen said...

Do you ever throw your wood stoves ashes on the laneway? We have found them to be very effective on ice. Hot or cold, equally effective!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Love the long shot of the cardinal in the array of branches - but his close up is gorgeous too! YAM xx

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

The video of the deer among all the wild turkeys is wonderful! And the pine marten (?) so interesting; love that trail cam. And your skill with the video camera. Beautiful, but oh so cold. (Obviously, I have no character at all!).

Jenn Jilks said...

I thought of it, Karen!

Christine said...

Lots going on in your woods, love the cardinal photos.

Elizabeth Edwards said...

love your birds, and squirrel pics. i must say i enjoy your snow shots. hope u r still enjoying the snow. we just don't get snow like we did as a kid. so i really kind of get - i want some snow too. lol!! please. ha. ha!! enjoy your rest of your week!! take care. ( ;

William Kendall said...

It's fun to see the video of the deer and turkeys!

Nancy J said...

After looking at all the horrific road crashes, I would stay home until summer. You do need that portable wood shed close to the doorway. Do you ever have salt on your drive or the highways?

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Wow - love the deer and the turkeys - and the cardinal!!

Christine said...

I'd like to paint one of those cardinal photos if I may! you should do one too, they are beautiful in their simplicity.