Sunday 15 September 2024

Happy anniversary on Crumbly Acres!

 I scheduled this to post automatically. Fingers crossed! 🤞 

We've a power outage this morning. They need to replace a pole. We'll be out from 7 to 11:00, they tell us. This means no water, no toilets, although I can fetch water from the water barrel if I need to flush more than once. Someone will have to reset clocks! 

September 15, 2010

Feeling right at home! <= , we woke to our first full day in this house Sept. 16th. We arrived the night before, released cats, who'd been in carriers all day, set up the litter boxes, and waited for our furniture to arrive on the 16th. We'd slept on a double bed that we'd bought from the previous owners who were going back to England.  

The sirens woke us at 7 a.m. Some 30-year-old guy, with only a G1 learners permit, had rolled his car into the nearby ditch. With a G1 you can't have any alcohol, nor can your passengers. And you need a licenced driver in the car with you. Sorta sounded like he'd lost his licence. His two friends ended up in hospital with him.



I think the house was built in 1986 or so. We've had so much redone: new shingles, new eaves, replaced the oil furnace, put insulation into the attic, new main floor windows, new living room carpet, and a new driveway. Crumbly Acres, as YAM called us! She has a way with words.

 This image popped up on Facebook! It's from 2011, after I first built my goldfish pond:

Sept., 2011

See how the trees have grown! Last week, after a big rain. It seems to be holding water better these days. There are lots of mouse holes, I'm sure there are several!

Sept. 2024

The gardens have changed over time. 
May, 2023

May, 2023

August, 2024 – the Woodland Sunflowers are now done. They needed to be trimmed back.

September, 2024

I spent more than an hour cleaning this up, pulling out the sunflowers. They get too tall if I let the plants regrow.

Before and after!

I found my zucchini plant! Non-mental note: don't put them here next year. They didn't get enough sunshine beneath the sunflowers. I may get another zucchini before first frost.

Here is a short clip of Jeremiah. He loved the ants! 

9 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Happy Anniversary, you found a lovely home.
Take care, have a great day and a happy new week!

Barbara Rogers said...

Congratulations on your anniversary. I always pre-date my blogs since I post at 3 am...no way I'm up then. I just figured the net wouldn't be as busy at that time. So glad the fish pond has survived...and just look at those trees!

Anvilcloud said...

Happy Anniversary over at Crumbly.

Jeanie said...

Happy house anniversary! The post went up fine -- I hope the power is back by now. Loved every photo!

Cloudia said...

May you have many happy years at crumbly acres and share it all with us! Very cool that you built the goldfish pond. Hope your power is restored in a timely fashion. Aloha, Jenn

Hena Tayeb said...

So sorry to hear about the power outage.
Happy Anniversary!

Elephant's Child said...

Happy House Anniversary. You have done a lot to the garden - and it is looking good.

Kay said...

I'm loving your goldfish pond. What fun to see how your property has evolved through the years.

Kay said...

Oh wow! That's a fast tongue!