Friday 13 September 2024

Gardening season slows down...

 While watching Jeremiah in the goldfish pond, I picked up the fish net. Two goldfish are in the aquarium. A miracle. One more to go, but it is stubborn. I just hope I don't have to drain the goldfish pond. Fishie #3 has been warned that it is going to get cold. It still eludes me! You can spot it in the second photo in the lower left. 

 I poked my head out to listen for early morning birds. I couldn't see any, and many birds have headed south. Some are still hanging out in the forest, but they aren't singing. This is what Merlin thought he heard:


I have completed my plantings. You can see how the Tiger Lilies are fading. The leaves are turning. 


My basket of Petunias and Basil are doing well.
Can you smell it? BASIL! 

My pumpkin is still growing! I am watering this morning. 
The Woodland Sunflowers are drying up. Seeds are done, the Goldfinches like them.
The Horse Chestnut tree leaves (in the background) are browning up and soon will drop.

After working so hard on the garden, I gave up on the fishies. Thursday morning I went out early, when it was cool. The water gets clear, and I could spot Fishie #3. I nabbed it. It is now officially Autumn! 

It's tricky photographing them. On the right, in the second photo, you can see my new fake plant. Joe is a good shopper! The wooden fake tree branch I have to lash to a brick. It was attached to a thick piece of slate, but it didn't weigh enough to weigh the piece down. The brick works well. 
 
I'll see what trouble I can get into today! Happy Weekend!

9 comments:

DrumMajor said...

Glad you've got your fishies in a row! Linda in Kansas

Barbara Rogers said...

Very colorful aquarium set up...I like the big wood branch too. The fake leafy things are good to add texture and more color. So glad all three of your finny critters are safe for the winter now!

RedPat said...

Successful fishing. ;-)

DeniseinVA said...

I love that you take care of your goldfish for the winter. The season is definitely changing. I am wondering when our juncos will arrive. They winter with us and disappear again around April. I enjoy reading about the changing season in your garden. Happy weekend to you Jenn.

Anvilcloud said...

It is supposed to be a nice and warmish fall, so I guess that is good.

Far Side of Fifty said...

You saved the fish! Your petunias are looking good!

Elephant's Child said...

Well done on capturing all the fish. They can be v tricky.

Cloudia said...

You actually made me smell the basil! Much better than smelling the goldfish LOL. Much respect for all you do. Jenn

Jeanie said...

Your garden is looking fantastic. Well done. You must be fully over your Covid. And well done on your "fishing expedition." Gotta get up early to get 'em!