Wednesday 4 September 2024

A drive around the region

This was our Monday drive from Maberley, the location of the art show, through the back roads. 

A river runs through it...




Snappy home!

We are a region of shallow soils, bogs, creeks and rivers.


I just told Gillian GPS to take us home.  It was a heckuva road! We met one cyclist.

I sped this up 4x's, as I recall, and added some peppy music and sound effects.


When we made it the 7.7 km through, there was a sign on this end. 


Lots of leaves have begun to turn.


When we made it back to highway #7, you could see the traffic heading west. It was Labour Day weekend.


Back home, through Perth...This home had a horrible fire. They took it all down, and are rebuilding slowly. We need lots of trades in rural and urban Ontario. It burned in January, 2023.


New Build Sept. 2nd – I've been following the spot. First they razed the building, then argued about what they were going to build. They've dug under Gore St. to connect stuff, shutting the street and working at night. It is coming along!

12 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

I am glad the newer version of the burned house has bigger windows. Glad your adventurous trek got you home, as the traffic was going the other way!

Val Ewing said...

I like those low maintenance roads, our township is classified as that but we do have winter plowing so I guess it does have maintenance after all.
My dad used to always try to find back roads to travel on and often we would get lost only to find a paved road and find our way out again.
Mom would holler at him and we would laugh in the back seat.

Great trip!

Anvilcloud said...

That road was quite an adventure, sped up or not. I don't think I would have liked driving it.

RedPat said...

Not my kind of road. I do like that last house.

Elephant's Child said...

We often travel by the back roads - and delight in the absence of traffic.

tz_garden said...

Oh that road would've had me feeling nauseous! Glad you made it home :)

Tom said...

...the Gore Street looks like it belongs in Toronto!

Lowcarb team member said...

Yes, Autumn is approaching.
I do like to see the different colour leaves.

All the best Jan

Jeanie said...

This is beautiful territory. Our up-north colors are beginning to turn as well. It feels very early to me.

Karen said...

Highway 7 is a nightmare every weekend, but a long weekend turns it into a death trap. One long weekend we came down hwy41 trying to get to Sharbot Lake, which was a left turn on to 7 at Kaladar. It was IMPOSSIBLE. Why they don't put a light at that intersection buggers imagination.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

I love backroad drives but I am the only one in the family that does so. Oh well.

Divers and Sundry said...

A road trip! It's interesting to see the leaves changing color and the variety of houses.