Thursday 19 September 2024

Bees on the Basil

 Tuesday I watered in the morning. It was lovely. I've got the front garden into shape for fall. The leaves rattle in the wind. Their crinkly selves are ready to let go. 

We've been having 30 ℃. days, and 14 ℃. nights. It's perfect. Once the sun goes down, we open up the windows. It won't last, so one must revel in the last warm days. We would like some rain. Everything is getting crunchy. There was 140mm+ rain in August, and very little this month (37 mm). (No rain since Sept. 9th!)

We haven't had many clouds, we're fairly dry , but this set... 


The bumble bees are well, bumbling around on the basil. They bounce on the flowers, carrying heavy loads.

A little, teeny, new Wood Frog. I did the lawn and found two snakes, plus a billion frogs. They mostly jump straight ahead, so I have to veer. Then they hunker down in the grass again. That's why I keep the settings at the highest level.  


In Autumn, I usually put some chestnuts in Peter's wheel barrow. I've shown video of the Red Squirrel harvesting them. They stole it out of the barrel! 





Ta da! Just one pumpkin.




I was using the grater, slicing up some carrots for a stir fry. It did not go well. I suggested no one buy me a Mandolin. That's just asking for trouble! We taped up the thumb and carried on. 

I took myself off for a pedicure. The new colour has a fabulous name, but I cannot remember it! You just have to laugh. My scars... 


No comments: