Sunday 29 September 2024

Hurricane Season

Hurricane Helene made its way up from Mexico, to Florida, then Tropical Storm Helene kept on going. Once it hit land, its power was reduced, but the tornados and rainfall caused much damage, and much flooding. They estimate 3 million without power.




I looked to NOAA to see what was going on. These fabulous scientists, researchers, and pilots have planes filled with equipment to measure and track the storm. I went to Flight Radar to check on them.  



They are right in the storm here!

This is a video of them in the cockpit of the plane. 

And another!

I think we've 3 more days of decent weather. For this I am grateful. Soon I won't be outside watching the skies. Not without a blanket! 


I could hear this flying overhead. 

 



I heard the emergency helicopter over head, probably to take someone from Perth Hospital to Brockville Hospital.

There are a few things to do before the warmth is gone. We've a few days of 20+ ℃ temperatures. I've some spray painting to do, my teak chair needs a coat of Teak Oil. 

No comments: